Reader 2
iheartmacs
0 Kudos

Re: 2010 - What Are You Reading?

I am currently reading Robin Cook's Foreign Body, about half way, and it is good.

Foreign Body 

Just finished Next by Michael Critchton. It was good, but kinda scary since a lot of it is true. The supreme court just ruled that human DNA cannot be considered property. Mr. Critchton would have liked that ruling. 

Next 

One I would recommend for a light read is 

First Trip 

You could read it in a day if you are a fast reader. 

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

Re: 2010- What Are You Reading?

Thanks for that great review and suggestion. I have put it on my wish list tbr!

Peppermill wrote:

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

I'm about in the middle of each of these: T is for Trepass, Sue Grafton (nook), The Last Coyote, Michael Connelly (Centro) and 7th Heaven, James Patterson (iPod - audio while driving).

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Swimming Across (memoir)

Just started this one. So far I'm not enamored with his writing style but he is still in his pre-six years so possibly the writing style is reflecting that.

Inspired Bibliophile
thewanderingjew
0 Kudos

How are you? Let me know what you think if you finish the book. It looks like a good selection for my couple's book group. It is always hard to find a book that we will all like. Just in case, I added it to my wish list. I can't believe how many books are already on it! I hope I live long enough to read them all!:smileyhappy:
thanks,
twj
pjpick wrote:

Swimming Across (memoir)

Just started this one. So far I'm not enamored with his writing style but he is still in his pre-six years so possibly the writing style is reflecting that.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

I just received my copy of bookmarks and Barnes and Noble has scored again.  For any of you who happened to participate in the First Look when we read The Postmistress-  there is an interview with Sarah Blake in bookmarks along with some outstanding reviews.  Sag Harbor was reviewed and given 4 stars in the July/Aug issue. 

Kathy

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

kpatton wrote:

I just received my copy of bookmarks and Barnes and Noble has scored again.  For any of you who happened to participate in the First Look when we read The Postmistress-  there is an interview with Sarah Blake in bookmarks along with some outstanding reviews.  Sag Harbor was reviewed and given 4 stars in the July/Aug issue. 

Kathy

What is bookmarks?

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: 2010 - What Are You Reading?

[ Edited ]

I suspect the Bookmarks being referenced is the magazine described here:

http://www.bookmarksmagazine.com/

Sometimes libraries, friends of the library associations, or bookstores distribute free copies.  They contain useful book reviews and other book related information.

babzilla41 wrote:

kpatton wrote:

Kathy

What is bookmarks?

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

bookmarks is a subscription magazine that reviews books. You can also find out more about it at www.bookmarksmagazine.com

Kathy

New User
JoeJP
0 Kudos

I'm reading 2076-Reagan's Last Word on ebook. What a terrific futuristic thriller.