Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: 2010- What Are You Reading?

Zeb1976 wrote:

I just bought a nook and I can't seem to get the book I purchased.. How long does it take to download?

Zeb -- post your question on the nook or ebook boards and you may get an answer more quickly.

Good luck.  Enjoy.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Never Cry Werewolf  

Fallen  

Somebody Everybody Listens To  

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Jan 1 '10 - Jul 29 '10:

. . .

Jul 30 '10 (nook Day) - Present:

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass

Coraline

Grimm's Fairy Tales (Reading)

Misery

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: DotD

... I've been busy, quite busy, and with all of my free B&N Classics to go through yet.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
New User
ScarlettRose
0 Kudos

I'm pretty late on this one but.."Water for Elephants". I just read the first two pages actually. And it's the first book I've had time to crack open in the past two months so I'm sort of excited.

Just daydreamin'...
Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

i LOVED Water for Elephants... hope you do too.

I am currently reading on my Nook

Clicking Stones  

I am also reading the DTB

The Painter from Shanghai 

It was too expensive as an Ebook so got it as a bargain special for $3.99. 

I just finished reading

Watermark 

Really found this to be good!

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour  

The View from the Top  

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: 2010 - What Are You Reading?

Finished listening to Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay this morning.  I found it an incredibly moving, sometimes sad, oft times painful story with an undercurrent of hope.  Read the description if you are not aware of its subject and plot line.

Sarah's Key  by Tatiana de Rosnay, read by Polly Stone

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
Sa5m
0 Kudos

I'm currently reading tipping Point. I just got it hoping it turns out to be an ok read

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Re: 2010 - What Are You Reading?

Peppermill wrote:

Finished listening to Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay this morning.  I found it an incredibly moving, sometimes sad, oft times painful story with an undercurrent of hope.  Read the description if you are not aware of its subject and plot line.

Sarah's Key  by Tatiana de Rosnay, read by Polly Stone

Pep, I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down. After I'd finished reading it, I wrote Tatiana on Goodreads and told her I was working sleep deprived and it was all her fault as I couldn't leave her story. She was so gracious and wrote back.  The story was just haunting wasn't it?

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Sa5m wrote:

I'm currently reading tipping Point. I just got it hoping it turns out to be an ok read

I keep meaning to read that one but just can't seem to get it in my personal library (can't justify it with all the other books I still haven't read in my bookcase). I did enjoy Blink.