Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Re: 2010- What Are You Reading?

Just Finished:

Love Is the Higher Law 

An Amazing book about three teens and their different experiences with 9/11.

Now Reading/Just started:

Brutal 

Willow  

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't have much time to read anymore between two jobs, college, and club activities, but here is what I'm attempting to read now.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Simon & Schuster Edition)  

And if comics count:

Cyborg 009, Volume 4

Contributor
Shirley_Holmes
0 Kudos

I just recently bought In The Devil's Snare about the Salem Witch Trials.

Lipstick Jihad about a Iranian American's women struggle to keep both her Iranian and American Identity.

And The Faith Club about three women, a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew, who come together after 9/11 to understand each other's and their own religions. It is absolutely amazing so far and it is so touching and eye opening. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Shirley -- please do consider joining the General Fiction Board in November which will be discussing
Daughters of the Witching Hill  by Mary Sharratt.
Although it is fiction, it is based on real life events in England (Pendle Hill witch trial).  Set in the early 1600's, it should make an interesting comparison to what you have just read about the Salem trials.  Someone who has already read it posted that DotWH is a compelling read.  Would love to see your comments!
Although not particularly impressed with The Faith Club at the time I read it (I had recently been a part of some quite remarkable interfaith discussions), I have come over time to appreciate more and more what the three authors (Suzanne Oliver, Ranya Idliby, and Priscilla Warner) wrote and the model they offer to all willing to understand their neighbors better.

Shirley_Holmes wrote:

I just recently bought In The Devil's Snare about the Salem Witch Trials.

Lipstick Jihad about a Iranian American's women struggle to keep both her Iranian and American Identity.

And The Faith Club about three women, a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew, who come together after 9/11 to understand each other's and their own religions. It is absolutely amazing so far and it is so touching and eye opening. 

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

I just started this one too 

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy Series #2)

My blog

Contributor
Shirley_Holmes
0 Kudos

This sounds absolutely amazing! I love switching between non fiction and fiction. I am looking forward to this. :smileyhappy: Thank you.

Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #2)  

Once a Witch  

Just finished this one for the Teen Sneak Peek:

Crescendo 

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

Band of Angels  I'm needing some chick lit so I pulled this one out (and I suppose the synopsis spoke to the nurse in me). I've only read one of Gregson's others, East of the Sun, and quite liked it (despite so-so reviews) so hopefully this one won't disappoint either.  

New User
MarybelandCats
0 Kudos

Crescendo! 

Correspondent
pastorjeffcma
0 Kudos

I have just finished the wonderful biography by Eric Metaxas, Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy.

Bonhoeffer