Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: A Book Too Long to Read

There is another book that came to mind today that I am not going to read from first page to last -- "The World Almanac and Book of Facts."

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

Nevermore1 wrote:

I have yet to find any book that I want to read but haven't because it may be too long.  Some of them are a pain to lug around if you have the DTB version but if it's available as an ebook then I figure I have no excuse.  I started reading Under the Dome (Stephen King) as a DTB/HC but went out and bought my nook just so I could get the ebook version of it - my arm was getting tired and sore carrying it around everywhere (ebook has 1,120 pages or the HC has 1,088 pages).  I have also been reading the Outlander series and it seems as though those books tend to run about 750 - 1,500 or so pages each.

I am also reading the Outlander series and LOVE that these books are so long.  I don't want this series to end.  I'm on book 6 and it's over 1300 pages.  :smileyhappy:  As long as it's on my ebook, I could care less how long it is.  Hardback, though, forget it.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

I have a teeshirt that reads, “I love big books and I cannot lie” on the front and “Baby got book” on the back so that pretty much sums up how much I love to read big books. I am so glad that I have my Nook now as those huge novels did get pretty cumbersome to carry around. :smileyhappy:

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

avid_reader1590 wrote:

I have a teeshirt that reads, “I love big books and I cannot lie” on the front and “Baby got book” on the back so that pretty much sums up how much I love to read big books. I am so glad that I have my Nook now as those huge novels did get pretty cumbersome to carry around. :smileyhappy:

Oh that is classic!  Where did you get that from?

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Debh366 wrote:

avid_reader1590 wrote:

Oh that is classic!  Where did you get that from?

I ordered it from Cafepress.com. They have some really cool shirts and other neat items. 

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

I've actually read the bible through a couple of times.

Any book that is boring is too long to read...

:smileyembarrassed:)

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Frequent Contributor
BookReader75
0 Kudos

CasperAZ wrote:

Can you think of a book that you deem too long to read and you know that you could never read it from first page to last?

For me, it would be the Bible. 

I think I have to agree with you CasperAZ!  I may be a Jesus Freak, but I have not even been able to read the WHOLE Bible Ha!

~Tristan Amaya
Frequent Contributor
BookReader75
0 Kudos

BearMountainBooks wrote:

I've actually read the bible through a couple of times.

Any book that is boring is too long to read...

:smileyembarrassed:)

Well, congrats, the Bible is amazing, but I have to admit, there are books, in the Bible that are a bit "slow".  But every book has a meaning.  And with 60 or so books, that is ALOT of pages!  So my hats off to you for reading the whole thing and a "couple" of times! Bravo!

~Tristan Amaya
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

BookReader75, you're honest. :smileyhappy:

What I am about to say does not reflect on anyone who has posted on this Discussion Thread, but there are some religious fanatics who go around telling everyone that they have read the whole Bible, but they are telling a lie.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Frequent Contributor
BookReader75
0 Kudos

CasperAZ wrote:

BookReader75, you're honest. :smileyhappy:

What I am about to say does not reflect on anyone who has posted on this Discussion Thread, but there are some religious fanatics who go around telling everyone that they have read the whole Bible, but they are telling a lie.

Yes, I guess this is true.  But I will not call anyone a liar.  Whoever says that may be telling the truth he may not.

Do I care no...  And someone has to have some gut to say they have read the whole bible when they have not.  So I believe he is telling the truth.. And if not, he obviousely settled with himself he was going to go around lying that he has when he has'nt but eh?  That was HIS decision

Do you agree?

But I know where you are coming from :smileywink:

~Tristan Amaya