Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
tjatkins
0 Kudos

Re: A Uniqe Character Name That You Will Never Forget

Diggory Venn, the Reddleman...excellent choice.

That's one of the two books I read in junior high and high school that I actually liked.  The Goo Earth was the other.

Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

From The Stand, one of the greatest villian names of all time, Randall Flagg.

Also from the same novel how could you forget a character name when it's served up as such: "M-o-o-n that spells Tom Cullen."

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
New User
-ashleee
0 Kudos

From the Wind On Fire trilogy by William Nicholson

Kestrel Hath and Bowman Hath, it also has some other interesting names in it like Maslo Inch and Rufy Blesh

Reader 2
ComfyPJs
0 Kudos

Bigger Thomas ("Native Son" by Richard Wright)

Rose of Sharon Joad ("Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck)

Melinda

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
- Mae West
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

This is a video game character but I will never forget Suikoden IV's Lino En Kluedes which one of those names that is just fun to say.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

This is a video game character but I will never forget Suikoden IV's Lino En Kluedes which one of those names that is just fun to say.

But on the book side, character I will never forget is Hermonie Granger

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Actually there are a few...

1. MyCola

2. Fraternal twins name Vanilla & Chocolate

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

AlmH, I like the names of the fraternal twins known as Vanilla and Chocolate.  It's easy to remember like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Zaphod Beeblebrox and Ford Prefect from The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Maximum Ride from the series by the same name: Maximum Ride and Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter Paperback Boxed Set (Books 1-7)

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
New User
Mjace
0 Kudos

The name is not unique.  John Galt is the character. Atlas Shrugged is the book.