Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
RileyBooks
0 Kudos

An easy solution for Lendme Books!

Hey my names is Riley. I believe I have a way for more of us to share books using that pesky appy Lendme Books. It has so much potential but how many people do you know with the Nook, let alone the books you like also. I have an idea just come to my google site and check it out.

https://sites.google.com/site/nookbookgroup1/

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

Re: An easy solution for Lendme Books!

I believe this to be a phishing attempt. This poster has spammed this message in several unlikely boards (PubIt, B&N Help, Lost Books).

This is a pay-to-play site that costs $5/mo. or $36/yr. and is payable by credit card.

There are plenty of FREE lending groups. B&N doesn't charge to lend a book, why should anyone else?

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

Thanks for checking it out for us.

Desert_Brat wrote:

I believe this to be a phishing attempt. This poster has spammed this message in several unlikely boards (PubIt, B&N Help, Lost Books).

This is a pay-to-play site that costs $5/mo. or $36/yr. and is payable by credit card.

There are plenty of FREE lending groups. B&N doesn't charge to lend a book, why should anyone else?

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Contributor
RileyBooks
0 Kudos

Nope, not phishing and am not a spamer, just wondering if anyone was interested. The post was put up a total of 4 times period.

New User
Goldfish
0 Kudos

Rileybooks,

I also have your dilemma. Nobody I know has a nook! The comment above worries me is this legit? If it is would you be willing to do the first month for free???

New User
Goldfish
0 Kudos

Dear Goldfish,

Yes this is legit and thanks for the positive interest. I see your point. I am going to give everyone who contacts me a free month. This should quickly build a long list of books to share with the Lendme friends. My last ebook from bn.com was "The Hunger Games." Anyone interested in borrowing it? My email is jrileywaring@gmail.com. I will switch the small fee to a donation for now. I am exited to get this going! I'm also on facebook under Riley Waring so please contact me either way.

Note: Goldfish I have sent you my contact list as of to date, thanks for joining me.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat

[ Edited ]

Goldfish wrote:

Dear Goldfish,

Yes this is legit and thanks for the positive interest. I see your point. I am going to give everyone who contacts me a free month. This should quickly build a long list of books to share with the Lendme friends. My last ebook from bn.com was "The Hunger Games." Anyone interested in borrowing it? My email is jrileywaring@gmail.com. I will switch the small fee to a donation for now. I am exited to get this going! I'm also on facebook under Riley Waring so please contact me either way.

Note: Goldfish I have sent you my contact list as of to date, thanks for joining me.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:  BUSTED!

You forgot to change to your other account before you replied to yourself.

Like I said, plenty of free lending groups out there, even a couple on Facebook. Why should someone make quick bucks when the parent company doesn't  charge for it. Two of them off the top of my head are bookfriend.me (no .com) and ebookflip.com. I might have the names wrong, but you can search the forum and find them.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
RileyBooks
0 Kudos

I believe that not everyone is privy to these groups you speak of. And if they are, are they  in the inclusive circle they need to be in? If someone could design an app which could link nook users with other like minded readers, I would pay for that. So please someone create that. I'm currently reading how to's on an android app but I'm afraid I am months away. I just want to see if there would be interest in the market for such an app. Maybe in hopes that BN.com will actually make this feature useful. I'm really not trying to scam a soul. No excuses that last reply was stupid, I guess I felt offended by the false accusation of being a spammer or whatever was said by a noted user. I'm litteraly one person who wanted to try an idea and I went about it the wrong way. Well we live and we learn.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

RileyBooks wrote:

No excuses that last reply was stupid, I guess I felt offended by the false accusation of being a spammer or whatever was said by a noted user. I'm litteraly one person who wanted to try an idea and I went about it the wrong way. Well we live and we learn.

The way you went about your "idea" is the sheer definition of spammer.  :smileywink:

Contributor
RileyBooks
0 Kudos

Maybe by your definition it is. When I hear spammer I think of someone who post thousands of hooks everywhere to gain information to sell or pass on. Not even close to what I wanted to do. Thank you for all the criticism though. I am young and still learning the ways of the world. So I  apologize and won't work that way again.