Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Yonina_Dove
0 Kudos

Re: Angels or Vampires?

[ Edited ]

I think I have to go with vampires, mainly because there is a dark mystery to them, kind of a sinful, sultry personality.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables me to laugh at life's realities.”
Inspired Contributor
shmy
0 Kudos

I'm kind of growing tired of vampires, and angels are a novel thing (at least for me!) so I will go with angels now :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'd have to say vampires, though stories with them are ridiculously overdone these days. I'm not usually too fond of angel stories since they're usually sappy romance stories which just are not my thing.

I did write a book featuring an angelic-like character, but since she's technically not an angel, I don't think that really counts. The character is my take on the whole Guardian Angel thing, but on a universal level and there's only ever one at any time. If interested, the link to my website is in my sig.

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Rogue_X wrote:

Hmm. Which book would you rather read? A book about Angels or a book about Vampires.

I think if book is well-written with a good story line, I would read a book about either!  There is something very mysterious about both angels and vampires.  Although, I have to admit, I find fallen angels a bit more intriguing...like the renegade angels in Dogma  that another contributor mentioned.  

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Contributor
Bookworm1279
0 Kudos

Wakka Wakka Sounds like a good book one I will have to get my hands on. I love stories with angels or vampires.:smileyvery-happy: 

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Rogue_X, I would rather read a book about vampires.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
New User
Red-Riding-Hood
0 Kudos

MrBanballow wrote:

No love for Zombies? I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with Vampires, but not the sparkly kind.

Ha, I agree with you. Zombies are the best but I would most likely be reading both books angels and vampires.....But definitely not about Edward.  I suggest that the book "Jessica's Guide to Dating the Darkside" would be one of my favorite vampire books. The romance is really good and the cover makes me think of Van Helsing.

P.S. The book is by Beth Fanaskey.