Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Rogue_X
0 Kudos

Angels or Vampires?

Hmm. Which book would you rather read? A book about Angels or a book about Vampires.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Re: Angels or Vampires?

I definitely prefer angels over vampires. I will read both in books, but there is something so mysterious about angels, man they just suck me in!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow

No love for Zombies? I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with Vampires, but not the sparkly kind.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Contributor
Rogue_X
0 Kudos

Of Course i love zombie books Mr. Banballow. Look up The Generation Dead Series by Daniel Waters, Fantastico! :smileyvery-happy:

— Marilyn Monroe
Contributor
Rogue_X
0 Kudos

Haha, i agree Wheeze. I prefer books about angels. But time from time i read some vampire books. Im a big fan of the house of night series.

— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

Rogue_X wrote:

Hmm. Which book would you rather read? A book about Angels or a book about Vampires.

How about Angels a la Kevin Smith's Dogma variety.  Renegade angels.  Angels with a with a hint of naughty. 

In fact, any suggestions to that effect?

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
New User
Angelique_Armae
0 Kudos

I love both angels and vampires.  My latest book deals mainly with angels, but there is a vampire/angel character in the story who will eventually get his own book :smileyhappy:

If you'd like to check out my latest on NOOK, here's the link and blurb:

Shadows of the Soul by Angelique Armae

BN ebook - Shadows of the Soul

When a Grigori prince and a demon huntress team up to find the antidote to a supernatural disease, the balance between good and evil is forever altered.

A fallen angel...
A human scholar...
A race against time...

Isabel Godfroie Heart is a Paradisian Scholar-an immortal human trained in the ways of Heaven and Hell-who's suffering from memory loss. During her last battle, a dark force erased specific portions of her past life memories. Now she remembers little of times past, save for the fact she's a demon slayer mentored by the archangel Gabriel. When ordered to a new post to help translate a volume of ancient text from a forbidden verse, Isabel is forced to work with the dark prince Nicolai Valentine, a soul who may or may not be responsible for her memory loss. If only she didn't find the tempting creature so hard to resist...

Born to a fallen angel and a mortal mother, Nicolai Valentine is a prince of the Grigorcov, the children of the fallen sons of God. Searching for the lost chalice that will save his kin from eternal damnation, Nicky unknowingly unleashes the Hadean Virus, a dark entity targeting members of the Grigorcov. Now the entity has been unleashed on man's world and Nicky's in a race against time to find the antidote that will stop this deadly parasite. But in order to keep the Hadean virus from attacking again, Nicolai must enlist the help of Isabel Godfroie Heart, the Paradisian Scholar he was unable to save from the wrath of Hell centuries ago...

Thanks for letting me share! 

Angelique Armae

http://www.angeliquearmae.com

SHADOWS OF THE SOUL - When a Grigori prince and a demon huntress team up to find the antidote to a supernatural disease, the balance between good and evil is forever altered...
http://www.AngeliqueArmae.com
"...extremely talented..." - Sherrilyn Kenyon, #1 NY Times Bestselling author
New User
Mercutio701
0 Kudos

Great question!!! I suppose I probably lean toward more books about vampires. However that being said, some of my favorite books/stories I have read are about Angels or have angels that are integral to the plot. I guess you really can't go wrong...why not a book that has both? I'd be game.

New User
Angelique_Armae
0 Kudos

I think what makes Vampires so loved is that they can be the ultimate bad boy/bad girl aka the dark side in all of us.  You don't think fluff when you think Vampire.  But an angel can make just as great a character as a Vampire, especially if they're a fallen angel. 

SHADOWS OF THE SOUL - When a Grigori prince and a demon huntress team up to find the antidote to a supernatural disease, the balance between good and evil is forever altered...
http://www.AngeliqueArmae.com
"...extremely talented..." - Sherrilyn Kenyon, #1 NY Times Bestselling author
Contributor
Rogue_X
0 Kudos

NJMETAL... If it has anything to do with Angels then yes. And a book with a lil hint of naughty is what everyone needs. Haha! :smileywink: So i will definintely check them out.

Oh, & Angelique. If you like fallen angels. Check out Fallen by; Lauren Kate. Love the whole "Bad Boy" act. And i say its worthy reading.

— Marilyn Monroe