Frequent Contributor
Danimal79
0 Kudos

Anyone ever use a Cue Cat for organizing their personal library?

I recently signed up for Librarything.com to organize my personal library.  My husband found my an inexpensive scanner called a Cue Cat ($15) that one can use with a USB.  You use it to scan in a book's ISBN and, automatically, the title of the book pops up and is entered in the database.  I can't wait to try it out!  Just wondering, does anyone on here have one?  If you do, does it work well? (that is, does it work well considering the nominal price when compared with the more expensive ISBN scanners?)

Thanks!

Danimal

Author of Chronic Stimulation- a diary chronicling every day life with a recently implanted neurostimulator (for severe chronic pain).

http://www.chronicstimulation.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Bibliophile
Paul_Hochman
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone ever use a Cue Cat for organizing their personal library?

I'm not familiar with the Cue Cat, Danimal, but you can virtually organize your books in the library of your MY B&N page. It looks like you already started too!

Danimal79 wrote:

I recently signed up for Librarything.com to organize my personal library.  My husband found my an inexpensive scanner called a Cue Cat ($15) that one can use with a USB.  You use it to scan in a book's ISBN and, automatically, the title of the book pops up and is entered in the database.  I can't wait to try it out!  Just wondering, does anyone on here have one?  If you do, does it work well? (that is, does it work well considering the nominal price when compared with the more expensive ISBN scanners?)

Thanks!

Danimal

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone ever use a Cue Cat for organizing their personal library?

Danimal79 wrote:

Thanks!

Danimal

Ok this I HAVE to check out.