Inspired Contributor
Charles-R
0 Kudos

Anyone notice your "Nook notification"?

Messing around on the website, I happened to notice that on the "My Nook" page, right under where it says "Manage My Nook", there is some really tiny print which says "1 Nook Notification".  If I click on it, a window expands and tells me "CREDIT CARD: No Default Credit Card Found". 

For all I know, this message has been there for months ... it is almost impossible to notice, unless you're looking for it.  In any case, it's nonsense ... I've got a perfectly valid card, and bought a nook book with it just a few minutes ago.

Anybody ever notice this "notification" before?

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone notice your "Nook notification"?

I have it as well and I also have a valid card on my account.  It must be fairly recent because it wasn't there when the My Nook went live.

Contributor
HecubaYH
0 Kudos

It might be me, but it seems every weekend it seems there's something new, strange, or amiss with the B&N website. Last week, I had the disappearing book (one that I had bought ages ago) problem after downloading something new. A few weekends before, I couldn't open a newly purchased book. This week, I saw the same notification on the page you noted, but the correct info appears on the Account page, so I guess it's just the usual. I long for the good old days, i.e., a few months ago, when the page was easier to navigate, everything worked, and there were no glitches with software updates, server updates, and silly website changes. I love my NE1, but I'm starting to wonder about the next e-reader...
Frequent Contributor
wrapunzel
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.  I tried deleting and then reapplying my CC information, but still get the same notification.  I am also unable to download any books.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

I also see the new item in My NOOK, also listing the incorrect info about default credit card. Not having the problem downloading, either directly or to my NOOK. Don't have desktop app on this PC to check it there.

Haven't tried purchasing anything new at this point.

This new item wasn't there the last time I was in my account on Friday afternoon.

Who deploys site changes late Friday or over a weekend? It's just asking for problems that (unless it is considered a true emergency—site crashes or people can't spend $$) probably won't get fixed until Monday. Not a smart plan.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Mine says "Credit card not added to your profile."

When I go into my account settings at BN.com my credit card is in there, clear as day.  So I'm wondering if there's some separate place in "My Nook" that one can add credit card info (for what purpose, I have no idea).  It wouldn't surprise me, seeing as I can be logged into B&N but have to re-log in to "My Nook" (which, IMO, is stupid).  It's like the "My Nook" site doesn't recognize any of the information from BN.com other than the library.

B&N, I have a wild concept for you.  QA and UAT testing.  I do it for a living, so let me know if you'd like me to explain the benefits to you.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957

[ Edited ]

RHWright wrote:

It's just asking for problems that (unless it is considered a true emergency—site crashes or people can't spend $$) probably won't get fixed until Monday.

I don't think even site crashes or people not being able to buy are enough to faze BN.com. They just leave the site down or screwed up until they get around to fixing it. The one that still boggles me is that they were working on charging for post-Christmas e-book purchases all the way into May.

I look at BN.com — B&N's online operation — like a crazy uncle. I'm embarrassed for them, sometimes to the point of wanting to pretend I don't know them. But I can't help but stick around to see what fool thing they'll do next.

I also have to wonder when Len Riggio and the board will get around to asking themselves a simple question: why is it that BN.com has been around for almost as long as Amazon, but has never turned a profit?

Distinguished Correspondent
junonia-shell
0 Kudos

Mine says "No Default credit card found." I ignored it and didn't even mess with it. I had a 50.00 gift card that I just got finished loading into my account and purchased a book and everything went through ok. It downloaded to my Nook for PC too. Just checked and it downloaded to my NC also.

I don't even bother with My Nook because it's a piece of sh.....!!! I stick with My B&N. JMO....