Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: B&N and Amazon

wookietim wrote:

I don't see Amazon and B&N doing much in the way of working with each other... If Amazon were looking to get into the brick and mortar space, then Borders is sitting there with a good number of stores still open and probably being prety cheap. B&N has a puyblishing arm that might be tempting to Amazon, but I don't get the feeling they want to get into that right away...

Why would Amazon want brick and mortar retail stores? 

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

Why would Amazon want brick and mortar retail stores? 

I agree. I remember when Amazon was only a brick & mortar store, it was among my favorites along with B. Dalton's and Walden Books.

Then they went online and rapidly expanded. Going back to store fronts would be like taking a step backward for them.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I agree BN is doing better with internet and  eBooks and it is the wave of future.  Brick and Mortar is not BN should be looking for.

Merging with Amazon is not likely to happen, IMO. But BN should get into International sale which I think they will once the US eBook things settle down.