Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
karinseaside
0 Kudos

B&N and Amazon

When I bought my nook the salesperson told me that B&N will team up with Amazon in March.

Does anyone heard anything about it?

I hope they will.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: B&N and Amazon

By team up are you meaning a company merging?  I don't see it happening.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

After doing some looking up its not amazon teaming up with BN and it's HP

http://blogkindle.com/2010/05/hp-and-bn-team-up/

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
New User
newwriter
0 Kudos

shadowcat80
0 Kudos

HP formerly called Heward Packard which the HP stands for, they make computers, printers, and other eletronic devices.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

After doing some looking up its not amazon teaming up with BN and it's HP

http://blogkindle.com/2010/05/hp-and-bn-team-up/

I'm not sure that is what the OP is referring to, that blog is almost a year old so it is referring to something that happened in May 2010.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I don't see any advantage to amazon and bn merging. All ebook publishers should standarize the formats though. BN merging with borders or hp makes better sense to me. Wish you all the very best.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

shadowcat80 wrote:

HP formerly called Heward Packard which the HP stands for, they make computers, printers, and other eletronic devices.

FYI it's HEWLITT Packard.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Reader 4
karinseaside
0 Kudos

When I bought my nook in January the salesperson told me he's 100% sure amazon will joint B&N

and it will be alot of update for the nookcolor.

I hope they will joint because Amazon have a big selection of International book (french).

Contributor
wookietim
0 Kudos

I don't see Amazon and B&N doing much in the way of working with each other... If Amazon were looking to get into the brick and mortar space, then Borders is sitting there with a good number of stores still open and probably being prety cheap. B&N has a puyblishing arm that might be tempting to Amazon, but I don't get the feeling they want to get into that right away...