Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
MooseDB

Re: B&N screwed us Nook Color owners

Sorry you feel you've gotten screwed.  But as one above poster asked, Are you/your kids happy with the NC?  That is what you should focus on.

Sure, it sucks to lose out on a good opportunity. I did my research and chose the NC over the Kindle Fire. Luckily for me I was within the 14 day return policy and upgraded to a NT.  I liked it so much I wanted to give my step-daughter an NC.  I missed out on the $119 refurbs, bought one on eBay for $180 and the NEXT DAY they were selling refurb NC for $149.  So things like this happen.  I'm STILL excited that I got one for my step-daughter because she's a huge reader and won't have to lug around 20lbs of books when she comes to visit.  Chalk it up to a missed deal and move on.

Contributor
COCyclist

There is a BB commercial about newer technology always coming out.  The picture shows delivery guys carrying a 3D TV into a house and then it pans to the delivery truck with an ad for 4D TV.  A little girl states "You got the wrong tv silly head" haha. If you always want the latest and greatest BB has a buy back program for people like you. 

Frequent Contributor
wisdombunny
0 Kudos

I agree completlly with BeachCatFan..:smileyhappy: 

Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci
0 Kudos

ICAM. When I bought the Nintendo game cube, and they dropped the price a few months later, target was nice enough to give the the money back.

And because of that, I am intensely loyal to them to this day.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

ginger-maci wrote:

ICAM. When I bought the Nintendo game cube, and they dropped the price a few months later, target was nice enough to give the the money back.

And because of that, I am intensely loyal to them to this day.

Fewer and fewer stores are doing this kind of thing anymore.  Stores used to have very liberal return and exchange and price matching policies.  Even Walmart is doing its famous price matching differently from what they were advertising.  Just a couple months ago, they came out with a commercial where it showed their associates trusting a customer about the price of an item in another store and they gave the money back in cash.  Now, you must have an ad showing the price and they will give you the difference in a Walmart gift card.

Target was well-known for doing a 30 price match for their own ads, but mainly because distributors sometimes shorted them on supplies and it was easier and less costly than rain checks.  I have never heard of months later, though.  And they would never do that today for any electronic item.  They know the price will come down and a new model will come out.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan

wisdombunny wrote:

I agree completlly with BeachCatFan..:smileyhappy: 

Thanks. :smileyhappy:

New products and reduced prices are NOT a new concept! No one in their right mind would expect stores or manufacturers to keep trading items for the lowest price. If you wanted something badly enough to pay the listed price at the time, then you should just be satisfied that you got what you wanted.