New User
susMD
0 Kudos

B&N screwed us Nook Color owners

So who else is pi$$ed off at B&N for dropping the price of the Nook Color to $199 and pricing the tablet at $249?  I bought 2 nook colors about 2 months ago and B&N will not do anything about it.  i feel ripped off!! It's not my fault the kindle fire is eating their lunch- I want my $50/each back or I want to swap for the tablet.  That is just bad business!  If they want to keep customers they should issue credits to those who bought in the last couple of months.  I am very very angry.  i don't have an extra $100 to flush away!

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

Re: B&N screwed us Nook Color owners

First off this practice is done by every company not just BN so you saying you want your $ 50 bucks back for each device if the tablet came out within the 14 days that you got your device you would have got the adjustment but this was two months prior to the nook tablet even coming out or even being talked about so technically before coming here insulting a company that is doing the same practice of many other companies why not go on ebay or craigslist sell the devices you have to get the tablet. Secondly amazon eating BN's for lunch?? Really okay so is that why people are sending their devices back or complaining about cloud of the fire's mysteriously shutting down on them or their carousels on their devices freezing up or their web browser being laggy. Might want to do you research a bit before coming here throwing the insults around. BN owes you nada if you got the device it clearly states on the back of your reciept 14days not two months.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom

It is unfortunate that you feel pissed off. However, if you do not have $100 to flush away, then maybe you should not be spending over $400-500 dollars for techie toys. You could have put that money away for a rainy day or purchased one of the lower-priced ereaders instead of two of the higher-end ereaders. If I do not sound sympathetic, then maybe my message is getting across...there are people out there without food, shelter, good health, friends or family..be thankful, today of all days, for what you do have!
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
New User
susMD
0 Kudos

You have got to be kidding me?  so if you bought something a month and a half ago for $50 more when they knew damn well the tablet would be coming out you would not be mad?  $50 on a device costing $250 is a huge amount.  other companies will give you back the difference.  Go out tonight and buy a boatload of stuff.  then get a catalog next month with all the stuff you just bought at half price.  you'd be mad too.  And a lot of companies will give you the diff back if it comes out cheaper before Christmas.  LL Bean all you have to do is call and they credit your card right then.  That's customer service.  B&N sucks at customer service.

New User
susMD
0 Kudos

Actually my twin 14 yr olds took their bonus money from their first jobs this summer to buy it.  that's what they wanted.  Had we known the tablet was coming out for the same price (all the reviews lately said it would be in the $300 range) and they would be disounting the nook color we would have waited.  Screwed is screwed.  i hope all the Christmas presents you have already bought are drastically reduced next week.  it smarts.

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan

susMD wrote:

Actually my twin 14 yr olds took their bonus money from their first jobs this summer to buy it.  that's what they wanted.  Had we known the tablet was coming out for the same price (all the reviews lately said it would be in the $300 range) and they would be disounting the nook color we would have waited.  Screwed is screwed.  i hope all the Christmas presents you have already bought are drastically reduced next week.  it smarts.

You have some serious issues that you need to deal with. As for your twins, it's a good lesson for them. Anyone knows that stores drop prices when a new item is coming out, and that stores drop prices for the holidays. Lesson learned? Wait to see what's going to happen before you rush out to buy an item. Probably a lesson best learned from Mom!! Surely you understand how this works.

Your twin got what they wanted, right? Quit complaining and just let them enjoy their NCs!! My guess is that you're making a much bigger deal out of this than they are.

Barnes and Noble owes you nothing.

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

That's the thing had you known... No one knew if their was another color device coming this year it was just announced, There were many different rumors about a second device but nothing happened so people started wondering if there was even one coming even apple discounts their previous devices when they announce a new device and apple also does not tell anyone of anything new coming until they are ready to do so. If I had a dell computer and two months later a new one came out part of the same family you think an electronic company is going to give me a discount or price adjustment when that new device is announced or available in stores. No!! unless its within their return policy that is the only time they will honor that. Companies do not have to tell the public when or where their devices are going to be available or when they will make announcements on them that even includes software companies google does the same thing. So I guess stuff you bought lately if they go on sale for black friday your going to get mad and assume they owe you something out of their return policy right???

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook

OK, so where should BN draw that line, 2 mos, 3 mos 6 mos?  If they issue the difference to everyone withing 60 days then the person who bought 61 days ago would be upset.  As far as the price being originally thought as being in the $300 range, I personally believe that is what BN intended.  Amazon kind of changed the game on them when they priced the Fire at $199.  I believe BN originally intended to keep the NC at $249 and bring out the NT over $300.  What surprised most people about the Fire wasn't so much its specs but its price.  And that price is mostly what got it the hype it got. 

So yeah BN draws that line at 14 days.  If you had bought at BB you could have had 30 days.  But I guess you would still be upset because you weren't included.  I feel your pain but probably you should stay away from electronics (and your kids too) because the price always goes down eventually and someone will be the one who buys just outside the return period for the price drop.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263

Whatever. I paid $259 for the original e-ink NOOK, $249 for the NOOK Color, and $139 for the NOOK Touch. None of them are at those prices anymore. Though the first NOOK went down in price two months aftter I bought it and the NOOK Touch went down a handful of months later I do not feel ripped off by anyone. I paid what I felt was a fair price for something I wanted. I don't get angry at companies for the purchasing choices I make.
Bibliophile
bklvr896

I bought a certified pre-owned Nook Simple Touch from B&N October 23rd.  Then they lowered the price of the new ones to $99.  Now, tomorrow, they're going to sell new ones for $79.  Do I feel ripped off?  No.  I am an adult and I'm quite aware that once I buy something, the price maybe better shortly down the road.  When I bought my car I got 3% financing.  Two months later they offerred 0% financing.  Did I feel ripped off?  No, luck of the draw, I made the decision to buy the car at that time based on the offers available at the time.  

And that's a very adult response, " i hope all the Christmas presents you have already bought are drastically reduced next week.  it smarts."   Sounds like something a 12 year old would say.

But just to put your mind at rest, I haven't purchased any Christmas presents yet, so I'm fine.