Distinguished Scribe
gb18
0 Kudos

Best Tablets Under $300 for Moms, Dads, and Grads

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Best Tablets Under $300 for Moms, Dads, and Grads

I really don't get why most tech sites put Nexus 7 and Samsung Tablets high up.

Realistically, Nook and Kindle Fire are much better for 'moms, dads, and grads'. Nexus 7 is very techhy oriented.

Apart from the Play Store I don't see anything to recommend Nexus 7 over Fire and Nook HD/HD+.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

I really don't get why most tech sites put Nexus 7 and Samsung Tablets high up.

Realistically, Nook and Kindle Fire are much better for 'moms, dads, and grads'. Nexus 7 is very techhy oriented.

Apart from the Play Store I don't see anything to recommend Nexus 7 over Fire and Nook HD/HD+.

I have a Nexus 7 and I don't find it oriented to techies.

Distinguished Correspondent
sparky_80
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Agreed.  It's got to be the apps.  I use the Nexus 7 as my primary tablet.   It's perfect for me but I wouldn't recommend it to my dad.   But he wouldn't be happy with the app selection on the Nook.

I steered my dad toward the iPad for ease of use and app selection.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

You can always put a simpler launcher on an Android tablet and have that "friendly" interface if you want it. There's one that mimics the Windows 8 interface, if that's your thing. It's that freedom of choice that I suspect lands Google and Samsung higher in the rankings. You can have it simple B&N's way, or simple your way. 

Distinguished Correspondent
sparky_80
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

You can always put a simpler launcher on an Android tablet and have that "friendly" interface if you want it.

I agree bobstro, but someone would have to load/configure that laucher for my dad.   But once that's done, he'd be fine.