Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Rachel6248
0 Kudos

Book Club in RHODE ISLAND

Romance Novel Book Club

Sophie Kinsella

Laurell K. Hamilton

Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jennifer Crusie

Jane Austen

Julia Quinn

Sarah Mason

Elaine Fox

Jayne Ann Krentz

Christina Dodd

Patti Berg

Linda Howard

Any of your favorite romance authors listed above? Maybe want to try some new authors or share the ones you already love with others? Some are steamier than others but all make you swoon and have a plot to keep you interested. My personal favorite is Susan Elizabeth Phillips, but I love branching out and reading about the love, lust, and follies of new characters.

This book club will be to meet people who like to read the same books you do and then chat about them. We will meet in public places (Panera, Starbucks/Barnes and Noble, etc.) once a month to discuss that month’s chosen book. Of course, online discussion can happen all month long and is encouraged.

Meetings will be around the Warwick, RI area, but you’re welcome to join the club even if you won’t be able to attend the meetings. The first meeting will be towards the end of October and I’m open to suggestions about when the best time to meet is. Also, I’d like suggestions about what our first book should be. Please give your input so we’ll have a book for October. Each member of the group will have a chance to pick a book for the club to read, but if no one makes a suggestion, then I’ll be more than willing to get the ball rolling. I hope to meet new people and be introduced to new books of my favorite genre. Please join!

http://groups.myspace.com/romancebookri

New User
SherylRI
0 Kudos

Re: Book Club in RHODE ISLAND

I am interested in getting information on your book club - I read a lot and live in Johnston and would be interested in connecting with others with similar interests in reading.  My email address is sheryl.medeiros@citizensbank.com

New User
mevalmac
0 Kudos

Hello,

I live in Cranston and would love to join a local book club etc..   Please let me know where and when.  I read at least 2 books a week.  Just finished Sarah's keys.

Valerie McIntyre

New User
JBerube826
0 Kudos

I am an avid reader, and would be very interested in joining this book club.  Among my favorites are Sophie Kinsella aka Madeline Wickham, Jane Green, Emily GIffin, and Maeve Binchy.  Please send me some information on how to join and when the next meeting will be.  I live in Cranston but will travel pretty much anywhere within 15 miles.  Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
09-27-2009 08:24 PM

JBerube826 -- please be aware the above is the last date Rachel apparently visited this website!

But, maybe someone for the group is still visiting or lurking (not signing in).  Hope you here from someone. Face-to-face book clubs can be fun.
                                                                                                       Pepper

JBerube826 wrote:

I am an avid reader, and would be very interested in joining this book club.  Among my favorites are Sophie Kinsella aka Madeline Wickham, Jane Green, Emily GIffin, and Maeve Binchy.  Please send me some information on how to join and when the next meeting will be.  I live in Cranston but will travel pretty much anywhere within 15 miles.  Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
atrillo
0 Kudos

I would LOVE to join your book club. I am a student located in Providence. Please email me at Alexis.Trillo@gmail.com THANKS!!!!

New User
Joyce8671
0 Kudos

I live in Providence and I am interested in joining a book club, I will travel to Warwick if there are any book clubs that meet in Warwick.  I like reading all kinds of books, I have read all of Jackie Collins books, most of James Patterson and recently been reading John Grisham.  I like many other authors also.  I enjoy reading ............

New User
EMB32
0 Kudos

I am also interested in joining this book club!!  I am a new mom and reading is my relaxing time! I've been searching for a casual book club and this sounds perfect!  My email address is betsy3betsy@hotmail.com.  If anyone has any information about meetings, etc., please let me know!!  Thanks!

New User
EMB32
0 Kudos

I'm just realizing that this post was set up a long time ago!  Anyway, if the book club is still going on, let me know! :smileyhappy: