Contributor
Rosie1486
0 Kudos

Books like the Harry Potter and Twilight series

Does anyone have any recommendations for any books?  I really like fiction books.  Like the Harry Potter series and the Twilight series.  I love books about vampires and magic.  If you have any recommendations please tell. I'm also a fan of John Grisham books if you know any. :smileyhappy:

I LOVE vampire books!!!!!!!!!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Dan21

Re: Books like the Harry Potter and Twilight series

I would try some Rick Riordan books if I were you. They're really good!!!!:smileyhappy:

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Have you read Rachel Caine?  She has a GREAT YA vamp series:

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires Series #1)   is the first.  Be warned--they end on cliffhangers so you're going to want to buy the next IMMEDIATELY!!

Let's see...now I've gone and forgotten what else you liked...oh, for Harry Potter kind of books you might like John Lenahan.  He has a good book out called Shadowmagic.

For thrillers, I really like Carol O'Connell.

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Distinguished Correspondent
Nerdgirljenn
0 Kudos

I think you might also like the Sookie Stackhouse series (basis for the HBO show True Blood)Dead until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse / Southern Vampire Series #1) (True Blood)  

Also the Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely Series #1)  which is about faries, so you could go on a different bent there too...

If you like distopian themes, you can have your witches and wizards in Witch and Wizard (Witch and Wizard Series #1)  

Oh, and for more magic, not as dark, but a bit more grown up, and taking place in the US,  you might try  The Girl Who Chased the Moon   and Garden Spells  

I too tend to like a bit of magic and even some vampires (my tastes run the gamit), I've yet to read the Twilight books as of yet...

"The earth laughs in flowers."~Emerson
"Where there is love, there is life." ~Ghandi
Frequent Contributor
KD67
0 Kudos

Like someone else mentioned, check out the Percy Jackson series.  by Rick Riodan

Also The Kane Chronicles (also by Rick Riodan)   

Something based in the US (Chicago), and a little more adult would be "The Dresden Files" by Jim Butcher

The House of Night series is a good YA Vampires series with a little different twist to it. by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

The Nightside Series by Simon R. Green

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Thought of a couple more:  John Levitt and Ilona Andrews.  Great Urban Fantasy books!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

The Grimm Legacy  

You must read "The Grimm legacy."

It's about a library that lends out items instead of books... and there's a collection of magical items.

I HIGHLY recommend this story for kids AND adults.

On par with Harry Potter... I might even go so far as to say it's better.

cork_dork_mom
Inspired Contributor
GiveMeTheDimond
0 Kudos

Ooooohhhhh!!! The Hunger Games are the bestest!!!!! I laughed I cryed I loved! Truly the most breathtaking experiance of my life! TEAM PEETA RULEZ!!!!!!!!!
Reader
HarryPotterLover11

I suggest the YA Fantasy, Thoughts To Die For by C.G. Rousing. It's a fun read and you'll never be the same once you read it because you're always going to be thinking about what you're thinking!  

Reader
HarryPotterLover11
0 Kudos