Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kkwood
0 Kudos

Can you have two nooks share the same account?

I have a nook color & am thinking of getting the tablet - if I give my nook color to my daughter could we share the same account & books?Otherwise if she signs in with her account, it will reset the nook?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015

Re: Can you have two nooks share the same account?

You could, but I don't recommend it. You'll both have exactly the same e-books on your NOOKs. And you won't be able to separate them if you decide to have separate accounts later — someone will end up with all the e-books.

See the link in my signature for my recommended approach to sharing e-books within a family.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

I have the same account on four nooks and it works fine for us.  I have two nook 1st editions, one nook color and just recently bought a nook simple touch.  We've had no issues with us having the same books on all of the nooks and it makes it easier for me to maintain.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
New User
aussieokie
0 Kudos

My husband and I both have Nooks and share the same library, and we've had no problems at all. Much easier than the other method of having separate accounts, uploading books to our PC and then sideloading to each others Nooks, entering the cc information, etc. It works for us, but obviously it may not work for everyone.

Frequent Contributor
MarvinQ
0 Kudos

And if i'm not mistaken, i was told you can have up 6 devices under same account.

haven't being able to test it myself but will be good to know.

Reader 4
DJTP
0 Kudos

would that be the same thing if I have the original nook and now I'm thinking of getting a nook tablet all the downloaded epubs, etc that I have on my original one will be on the new one too.  everything would be downloaded on it or sideloaded already or do I have to do the sideloading all over again.  my main thing is I want to know if it's possible to just put the epubs I know I'll be reading right away on the tablet since for the time being as long as it's working I'll probably be using the original at times too.  there are alot of other downloaded books besides BN ones that I put on that I might read for awhile.  so why fill up the new one if I don't have too.  but if it has to do with the acct names then I'll just keep it the easy route.  

thanks

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

DJTP wrote:

would that be the same thing if I have the original nook and now I'm thinking of getting a nook tablet all the downloaded epubs, etc that I have on my original one will be on the new one too.  everything would be downloaded on it or sideloaded already or do I have to do the sideloading all over again.  my main thing is I want to know if it's possible to just put the epubs I know I'll be reading right away on the tablet since for the time being as long as it's working I'll probably be using the original at times too.  there are alot of other downloaded books besides BN ones that I put on that I might read for awhile.  so why fill up the new one if I don't have too.  but if it has to do with the acct names then I'll just keep it the easy route.  

thanks

Anything you purchased through B&N that is in your library will show up on your new NT if you register using the same account.  Anything you've purchased from somewhere else will need to be sideloaded.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716