Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

Christmas List

So what is on your Christmas book list this year?

I have only asked for a B&N gift card and will decide what I want then, but I did purchase My Sister's Keeper and Of Bees Of Mist for family members.

Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Contributor
fronkster
0 Kudos

Re: Christmas List

I am like you. I like asking for gift cards then I could decide what I want. But I did ask my parents for the cookbook "Nigella Christmas" by Nigella Lawson. I LOVE to bake and like to cook. =) 

Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Funny, I had just added "Nigella Christmas" to my Wish List. I love her recipes! And a B&N gift card is a must. This holiday season I plan on reducing my Wish List by at least half. If I get nothing else for the holidays, I'll still be very happy.

To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

My company sponsors a Program called Youth Villigaes for kids that have had a tough time. They collected several recipes from around the company and put them in a book that we can purchase for $3.40. All the money collected will be donated to our sponsored cabin. I ordered 7 and can't wait until I get it.

My department also adopted a young boy for our christmas list. He wants BOOKS!! My kind of kid! :smileyhappy:

Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Distinguished Correspondent
coffee_luvr
0 Kudos

Well, I usually just ask for a gift card like some of the other postings. The joy of going into the book store and discovering something new is half of the fun and joy of the gift. 

However,  I did do some gift shopping for some others and I bought an American Girl Series for my niece

Kirsten  and also purchased 

A Quilter's Holiday  for my Mother. 

Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. ~Barbara Tuchman
Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure my husband bought me Dean Koontz's latest book "Breathless".  I will find out on Christmas morning :smileyhappy:

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Contributor
Trebble
0 Kudos

A gift card for me would be best mostly because the people I know really don't have the same tastes as I do in books. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

My brother and sister-in-law always send a B&N gift card for Christmas, and last year my best friend gave me one, too (they know me so well!).

While I am doing my online Christmas shopping, I usually throw some 'gifts' for myself into the order, and this year I am 'giving' myself:

The Tale of Briar Bank (Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter Series #5) 

Anderson Tapes   (I have been looking for this for YEARS!  I could never find it on VHS, and then on DVD, either.)

Cheap Trick [1977]  

In Color [Bonus Tracks]  

Heaven Tonight [Bonus Tracks]  

At Budokan  

Dream Police [Bonus Tracks]  

I finally got tired of waiting for them to come out with a decent and comprehensive box set for Cheap Trick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia