Contributor
jessica25
0 Kudos

Collector's Library

Hey, I'm looking for a seris of books that they used to sell at barnes and noble. They kept them at the front near the check-out. They had many classic books and were about 3x5 with gold edging and a satin ribbon marker. I love these books because I can shove them in my bag on the go. If any one has any information it would be greatly appreciated!
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

Re: Collector's Library

Here's a listing of the Collector's Library from BN.com.  BN phased out these books so you'll probably need to look through the used listings to find the ones you need.

jessica25 wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for a seris of books that they used to sell at barnes and noble. They kept them at the front near the check-out. They had many classic books and were about 3x5 with gold edging and a satin ribbon marker. I love these books because I can shove them in my bag on the go. If any one has any information it would be greatly appreciated!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

pedsphleb wrote:

Here's a listing of the Collector's Library from BN.com.  BN phased out these books so you'll probably need to look through the used listings to find the ones you need.

jessica25 wrote:

I had never seen these pocket-size books.  Had I known about them or seen them in the store I probably would have picked them up.  I'm a real fan of the older pocket-size books and tend to pick them up when I find them.  It's too bad they discontinued these.  Did you see some of the prices the used-out-of-print books had on them? 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
New User
emmeline_siegler
0 Kudos

hii actually have those books and were lookingto sell them. i got for a birthday present a while back but im not much of a reader. would you like to buy them from me??

Inspired Wordsmith
NJMetal
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

emmeline_siegler wrote:

hii actually have those books and were lookingto sell them. i got for a birthday present a while back but im not much of a reader. would you like to buy them from me??

First and only post made immediately after registering?  Add to that they say they are not much of a reader but are using the B&N message boards?  Then the first post they hone in on just happens to be for an obscure set of books someone is looking for and well what do you know the planets and stars align and this new user to B&N msg boards who doesn't read much just happens to have said our-of-print set of books and just happened to be looking to unload them. Something smells rotten in the state of Denmark. Buyer beware!

"We always condemn most in others, that which we fear most in ourselves." -Robert Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Actually, I think it might be that they were lurking, saw this thread and created an account specifically to respond to it, but I don't think you have to worry too much - I doubt that the person looking for the books will be reading this, anyway!  They posted that almost two years ago, and have a total post count of 5, so they're probably not around.  It's interesting how people tend to go way back on the boards and not even notice the date of what they're responding to; if someone asked a question that far back, they have probably either resolved it by now or don't really care any more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia