Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

Re: Huh. Mine works. Yours doesn't. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Sorry.

Kindle kindle kindle kindle!!!!

I'd like it fixed properly myself.  But I also want those other 4 things. 

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson

Re: Those in customer-service can't pass the buck

Hey Ellen.  Don't know if you checked this already, but with the return of the NookBook wishlist the MyB&N page came back (at least for me it did).  Also, I saw that you were still having issues finding the wishlist, I posted this on another thread in the community room but am copying and pasting what I figured out here in the hopes that it helps you too.

"My "Nookbook Wishlist" is gone, but when I select "see other wishlists" I saw two little dots under the "my Wishlist".  On a whim, i clicked on that and got my old Nookbook wishlist...along with some titles that I have no idea where they came from and some titles that didn't make it to the restored version..."

I hope this helps with having to access the Nook wishlist via the backdoor...

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

Yes, it's accessible by clicking the row of dots in the See My Other Wish Lists dropdown. But there's also a less obscure way. On your My Account page, scroll down till you can see the Digital Management section near the bottom. You'll see the link to My NOOK Wish List in the DIGITAL DOWNLOADS column.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Extracting your data from your newly restored wishlist

[ Edited ]

For anyone looking to import their wishlist to goodreads, shelfari, library thing, or anywhere else that uses ISBN to identify books, you can extract them this way:

You'll need spreadsheet software (google office, excel, etc.).

1. Open a new spreadsheet.  Make the first column text format.

2. Go to your wishlist and select the "Print" option from the top right of the page.

3. In print view (which shows the ISBNs), copy all your book data.  The way the page is laid out, you can't just copy the ISBNs, so just copy everything.  It's okay if it picks up the images and column titles.  I found it easier to start at the bottom and scroll up.

4. Paste everything into the first column in the spreadsheet (the column you changed to text format).

5. Sort the text column.  If you get the option to sort numbers and text separately, select it.

6. Now all your ISBNs will be together.  Scroll down below the dates, and you should have one ISBN for each book.  You can delete everything but the ISBNs (or copy the ISBNs to a new sheet) and then follow the instructions for whichever site you're importing them to.

:smileyhappy:

If you just want titles, you can get them the same way, but you'll probably need to do a bit more clean up on the list to pull out other random stuff.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Re: Extracting your data from your newly restored wishlist

Newly restored wishlist?!?   

NOTE:  My "restored" list was a bit wonky though--a few titles missing and three old, long-deleted titles showed up.  But 68 of 75 were there!

Contributor
pdarnold
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!!!! I have been looking nearly every day for my list to return. Once again, today, I would have not looked twice had I not read your response. WOO HOO! :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
BRONTENY
0 Kudos

Re: Create a new NOOKbook Wish List?

I want to know where is my nook wish list on B&N website.  It's gone!

I had over 300 books on it and now there is nothing and no message saying "Sorry for the inconvenience but we are having technical difficulties; please try again latter".

I spent a lot of money here and was looking forward to purchasing more books but now my wishlist is gone.  I wish they would have told me to save a hard copy.

I get the same treatment at work regarding billing software; they know there is a bug but no one tells you whats going on in detail.

I just want to know will I get my wish list back?

I have lost 4 wish lists (3 because I had to re-register my nook color and my B&N wish list.) 

Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat
0 Kudos

Re: Create a new NOOKbook Wish List?

BRONTENY wrote:

I want to know where is my nook wish list on B&N website.

Have you followed the instructions given elsewhere on this thread recently?

Click on the My Account link at the very top of this web page. It may ask you to log in. When you get to the My Account page, scroll down to the Digital Management section. Look in the first column of that section, headed DIGITAL DOWNLOADS. The third line in that column should be a link to My NOOK Wish List.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Contributor
Miss_Dragonkitty
0 Kudos

Re: New Wishlist Weirdness

I've just noticed something weird about my wishlist and wondered if anyone else has the same issue. If I sort by Title I have 155 unique books on the list. If the list sorts by Date Added the list contains 130 unique books and 25 duplicates. The list still knows the missing 25 books are there as it won't let me add them, but I can't see them unless I change the sort.

The books that disappear aren't from the same date, they were added over a span of months.

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

Re: New Wishlist Weirdness

I have dupes too.  I think I am going to print mine out, delete all and see if I can re-add.  If I can't...their loss :smileyhappy: