Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Megan09
0 Kudos

Crochet and Knitting

Hey everyone I was wondering if they were a knitting or crochet club anyone please help me.

Take Time to enjoy the little things in life.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Crochet and Knitting

We had a knitting group here at BNBC until several years ago.  If you have a question, I can try and help you since I was the moderator for that group.

Megan09 wrote:

Hey everyone I was wondering if they were a knitting or crochet club anyone please help me.

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Contributor
Megan09
0 Kudos

Are they anything that is free i could get for the nook to help me  crochet patterns or any videos. May i ask why they are no longer a group. Could i start one up

Take Time to enjoy the little things in life.
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

The group was archived when it was realized that I had been the only participant - posting knitting book reviews - for nearly a year.  Since the current genre-dedicated book discussion groups don't always have good participation now it is unlikely that the admins will be adding more to the current offering.

If you search "knitting" under NOOKbooks you can find a variety of offerings.  Some are patterns, some are books.  Some are free or no-cost.  The same for "crochet".  If you are looking for videos, a Google search will bring up any number of instructional videos that you can stream on your nook (I'm assuming you have a NOOKColor or Tablet - if you have a Simple Touch it won't work).

I would also suggest signing up for Ravelry - www.ravelry.com - which is a social networking site for knitters, crocheters, and spinners.  The Rav forums are really helpful.

Megan09 wrote:

Are they anything that is free i could get for the nook to help me  crochet patterns or any videos. May i ask why they are no longer a group. Could i start one up

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
whiteoakBR

And don't forget about YouTube (if you have a NookColor or Tablet), there are a ton of videos on crochet and knit techniques.  The benefit of these is 1. they are free and 2. you can stop and "rewind" them as many times as you need to.

Also, if you don't mind paying for some good instructional videos go to the Interweave Press Store and check over their offerings.  I have recently bought and downloaded a number of spinning and weaving videos from them to play on my NookColor and they work very well (again, the stop and rewind feature is really helpful when learning new things).  You will have to download them to a computer and then sideload them but no problems playing them. (I do have a small auxillery speaker I use to listen but headphones work well also.)

If you join Ravelry I am whiteoak there also, friends are always nice.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor
LibroAmante
0 Kudos

I agree about Ravelry.com.  I am a newer member over there, and I really like the site.  There are lots of different groups on there, and you can narrow them down by the area you live in.  I also used YouTube, my local library, tons of websites.  The library was nice because they had dvd's and books.  I'm still struggling with crochet, but I'm going to keep at it.  Knitting at first was a little rough, but now I love it. 

Contributor
LaStade
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have crocheted and knitted for over 40 years and for groups I love ravelry.com and crochetville.com.  

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lori-stade
Contributor
LaStade
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

La Stade Crochet Cyclops hat pattern

I also happen to design crochet patterns and have several e-patterns for sale on the Nook.  They are at this link: