Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

DTMs - Saving 'Em or Getting Rid of 'Em

If you own a Nook or NOOKcolor, do you have a plan on what to do with the DTMs that you already have in your physical library at home?

For me, since I only own about 50 DTBs, I am keeping them in the storage closet.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: DTMs - Saving 'Em or Getting Rid of 'Em

CasperAZ wrote:

If you own a Nook or NOOKcolor, do you have a plan on what to do with the DTMs that you already have in your physical library at home?

For me, since I only own about 50 DTBs, I am keeping them in the storage closet.

DTM?

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Josienjoe, I'm so happy that you replied because I just saw my error.

I had submitted "DTM" when I meant DTB.  I feel so awful about this mistake.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

It could have been Dead Tree Magazines...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

AlanNJ, Congrats!  You probably just thought of a new entry for the Urban Dictionary.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Why thank you kind sir!  [bowing]

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

Other than weeding out some books that I will never read again, I plan on keeping my DTBs.  I have several bookshelves full of books, some in beautiful leather covers, that I just love.

Now that I have an ereader, I expect most of my purchases to be ebooks.  However, there will always be an occasion where only the physical copy of the book will do.  For example: I have all of Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" books and when the next one comes out, I will be buying the physical book to add to my collection.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I have a few overflowing floor to ceiling shelves.... so I don't expect to be replacing them anytime soon.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI

I spent all day removing all our books from our library shelves, dusting and cleaning each book and reorganizing the shelves. Right now, I would love to see the books go, but tomorrow morning in the light of day, i will love them again.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

CasperAZ wrote:

Josienjoe, I'm so happy that you replied because I just saw my error.

I had submitted "DTM" when I meant DTB.  I feel so awful about this mistake.

No need to feel awful.  I didn't want to answer about DTBs if DTM was something else.  :smileyhappy:

Having said that, I have hundreds of DTBs on bookshelves in two homes and have absolutely no plan to get rid of them.

Now, DTMs (dead tree magazines), they get tossed regularly.  :smileywink: