Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
pianomiri

Do You Like Writing Books?

I love Writing Books!  It is SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! If You Also Like Writing Books, Say What Type You Like And If You Want, You Can Post Your First Few Paragraphs On This!!
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

Re: Do You Like Writing Books?

Welcome, pianomiri!

We have a board just for writers - scroll all the way down to the last group on the "Browse Book Clubs" page and you'll find "The Writing Room."  You'll find most of our writers there.  You can post your stories and poems and get some feedback. :smileyhappy:

pianomiri wrote:
I love Writing Books!  It is SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! If You Also Like Writing Books, Say What Type You Like And If You Want, You Can Post Your First Few Paragraphs On This!!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
bookworm1710
0 Kudos

why is every word capatalised?
"And how ARE things on Planet You Wish?"
Inspired Contributor
KittyRa
0 Kudos

I love writing novellas and short stories they are so much fun it's a major hobby of mine. Types of books I like to write are fantasy mainly dealing with animals because that is my most favorite topic in the whole world.
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

I love writing books. I have been writing and creating stories ever since i was little. Right now i am in the process of writing one and it is fantasy. I love fantasy because it lets you be so creative.
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Yes...other than my intense and somewhat crazy infatuation with personal fitness/track and field, I don't know what else I'd do with my day. In fact, I recently finished the novel I've been working on for about 5 months now, and am now in the process of editing it. I've gone through so many ideas (none of which were ever finished...unless they were a short story) I could easily write a sonnet about it...like so many other things.

Would anybody mind if I posted the Prologue to my story here? I'd like some feedback on it especially...

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

You certainly can, :smileyhappy: but I would also strongly suggest the Writing Room.  The people who are actively posting pieces and commenting on others' writing are more concentrated there so you are likely to get far more of a response.  

twilight_fanatic_01 wrote:

Yes...other than my intense and somewhat crazy infatuation with personal fitness/track and field, I don't know what else I'd do with my day. In fact, I recently finished the novel I've been working on for about 5 months now, and am now in the process of editing it. I've gone through so many ideas (none of which were ever finished...unless they were a short story) I could easily write a sonnet about it...like so many other things.

Would anybody mind if I posted the Prologue to my story here? I'd like some feedback on it especially...

-A quote by moi

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

I haven't tried writing a book yet and, I guess, I never will. Why? Because, no matter what I do, I can't think of anything to write. Nothing good pops in my head. I write poetries though, and, I think, they're good enough to make people say it's good.
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Re pedsphelb: I posted my prologue in the writing room when I first signed up...so I'd like the opinion of the Community Room, if that's okay...

Re silverwings: I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes I just...can't find the right words to a story and just end up nixing it. But I've read your poems, and they're incredible--so don't say you'll never write a book! Start collecting your poems and, bam, there you have a book of poetry!!!

(I'll buy it!)

-A quote by moi

Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

I start writing a book but I never seem to finish them. Right now I'm writing one with the working title of 'Shadowed Sun' and I hope to see it all the way through. I do enjoy writing but I tend to skip from idea to idea.