Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Cutthroat
0 Kudos

Do you know any good free books?

[ Edited ]

The best one I have found so far is called Shredder. It's in the point of this ex-military type guy. The story starts off with his men going in for a mission to find this alien like creature. His men are brutally killed and the main character is kind of scared from that point on because the creature attacked him looking like one of his men because it can morph into it's victims. Years later he is called back in for a job and takes it because it offers him a large sum of money. He takes it before realizing it is a trap and the alien like creature that has haunted his mind is back to kill him. It's action packed horror.

Does anyone know any free books I might be interested in? I like stories like the one above and supernatural stuff. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
moose_tracker
0 Kudos

Re: Do you know any good free books?

Eye of the Witch  Eye of the Witch by Dana Donovan, might be something you might like. People were dieing, looked like suicide when they were all alone, but there were suspicions that there was supernatural going on.. You definatly know it is book two, but you get enough back history to follow it.

New User
Cutthroat
0 Kudos

Well I found a link to all the free nook books but it'll still be hard to find good ones. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?prc=0&size=30&sort=SA&startat=181&store=EBOOK&view=grid

Distinguished Correspondent
moldybagel

While some free nook books are great, the majority of the time you get what you pay for. I would suggest looking at nook books that are on sale or on the $5-$10 or less page. You may likely find an amazing book with a low price!

I love messages! Feel free to message me for help, nook friend requests, to talk, or for any other reason!
Distinguished Scribe
Sun_Cat

Cutthroat wrote:

Well I found a link to all the free nook books but it'll still be hard to find good ones. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?prc=0&size=30&sort=SA&startat=181&store=EBOOK&view=grid

After getting to that page, you can narrow the list by clicking on the name of a genre in the left-hand column. You can even make it more narrow by sub-genre. For example, clicking "Mystery & Crime" and then "Detective Fiction" narrows the list to 32 results, making it quite a bit easier to pick and choose.

Please visit me on Goodreads. Currently reading:
Journey Into Now by Leonard Jacobson
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

And, of course, everyone should be aware of gutenberg.org, home of every classic public domain work you would ever want to read.  Been meaning to read or re-read War and Peace, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island, or the entire Sherlock Holmes series?  Little WomenPride and Prejudice.  Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Captain Nemo, Jack Falstaff.  Doctor Jeckyll and his disreputable alter ego, Mr. Hyde (just re-read that one, quite good).

Distinguished Correspondent
javabird
0 Kudos

You might want to check out stories by H.P. Lovecraft. Not free on the Nook, but some of his works are available through the library (Overdrive) and also through the manybooks website, and they can be sideloaded onto the Nook.