Contributor
Jacquie66
0 Kudos

Download Issue

I got the free friday book today and it won't download.  I get the following message "unable to download.  internal error; internal error during license generation"

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Download Issue

[ Edited ]
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What bklvr said.

In another thread lots of people are having the same problem. And one of them said that CS told them it's related to server problems. So try tomorrow. If you've bought the book it's in your account. It won't run away. Also Free Friday book is usually free until Sunday night. So waiting a day won't hurt.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

It won't run away.

In this particular case, it might. The publisher, Night Shade Books, is closing down. It'll probably be impossible to download or re-download Night Shade titles once they've pulled the plug.

Distinguished Correspondent
booklover128
0 Kudos

The book downloaded for me this morning and I was also seeing the error yesterday.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks for the information Doug Pardee. Does B&N not get to keep a permanent copy?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

5ivedom wrote:

thanks for the information Doug Pardee. Does B&N not get to keep a permanent copy?

It's possible, if the terms were negotiated that way, but it's unlikely.

Contributor
Jacquie66

Thanks for all the help.  It downloaded over the weekend.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Good to know.

Does anyone know if thsi is a trend? Books on Board closing down. Nightshade books closing down.

Or just two random occurrences?

I would have assumed that as people shifted to ebooks companies would do better. No?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Good to know.

Does anyone know if thsi is a trend? Books on Board closing down. Nightshade books closing down.

Or just two random occurrences?

I would have assumed that as people shifted to ebooks companies would do better. No?

Well, Books on Board is a bookstore, and they claim they're not closing down, just restructuring.  Nightshade books is a publisher, and small pubs turn over all the time.  So no, I don't think there's a new trend, just the usual - small pub turnover, bookstores struggling.