Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Charliemum
0 Kudos

Dragon Series

Dragon Series

Can someone please help me find some good dragon series? I can only read on the Nook because of allergies I can’t read print.

I have read:

Eragon series

Dragon quest by Donita Paul (all of them)

Dragon Keeper (new one out in May)

Dragon of Perm…I won’t start because the whole series is not on ebooks yet

I read other books but enjoy dragons the best. Please help. I miss out on read for 28 years because of my allergies and now I’m really enjoying reading.

Thank you so much

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

Re: Dragon Series

You might try this list of 100 books about dragons to see if any you have not read come in e-books...

http://booksaboutdragons.com/

Frequent Contributor
Scraggles
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Have you read any of Irene Radford's books? Her Dragon Nimbus titles have been around a while, and are available in ebooks. 

Other than Robin Hobb, Robin McKinley (Dragonhaven) and Anne McCaffrey, I'm not sure what other authors to suggest, though lately I've been enjoying dragon tales myself.

Just doing a search for 'dragon, fiction' then selecting the categories in Science Fiction then selecting the ebook format (off to the right) does help narrow the field. 

(My own preferences are more for fantasy fiction than some other styles of writing, there do seem to be an awful lot of popular series out there about dragons)

Oh, Ack! Forgot to mention Naomi Novik. Her Temeraire series is quite good.

New User
ajc1
0 Kudos

You can check out a new book similar to Eragon called The Silver Talon. Its author was also only 16 when he started writing it. On the web at www.TheSilverTalon.com

The Silver Talon 

Reader
Charliemum
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the help. I just love Smoke Theif and read the whole series, it was really good.

I'm looking up all that I can on dragons. I just have to stay with the ebooks cus can't take the print.

Take care & thank you all