Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite Movie Time!!!

pjpick wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

pjpick wrote:

Here's my eclectic mix. Sorry they aren't categorized (I just got off the night shift).

Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming! 

Oooh, that's one that I want!!!  That is so hilarious!

I have a few of your others, too.

My brother and Ihave loved this movie since we were kids. Here's another one of our favorites but it is REALLY hard to find on DVD. I found a VHS tape of it listed for over  $100 once but haven't looked  for it in a couple of years. Wow! Update! Guess what I will be ordering tomorrow!

What Did You Do in the War, Daddy? 

Yes, I remember that one, too!  I haven't seen it in a long time, though.  The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming! has been on cable a few times recently (including today).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Paula717 wrote:

The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Plus ALL zombie movies out there :smileysurprised:)
Action/Drama:
LOTR - ALL movies

I have to stop myself because I can go on and on...

You have picked some Way Cool movies, Paula!! Last of the Mohicans, I remember watching that in school one year, really good. Braveheart is one of my favorite Mel Gibson movies.  Resident Evil 1-3 are some of my all time favorites, too. I love Milla Jovovich her movie Ultraviolet was also way cool and The Fifth Element Ultimate Edition was hilarious! 

Speaking of Zombie movies Shaun of the Dead is one of the funniest Zombie movies I have ever seen and was awesome at the same time.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-17-2009 10:24 PM
"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

carmen22 wrote:

Speaking of Zombie movies Shaun of the Dead is one of the funniest Zombie movies I have ever seen and was awesome at the same time.

Message Edited by carmen22 on 05-17-2009 10:24 PM

I watched that for the second time recently.  I actually don't care for zombie movies, and watched it the first time only because it was a spoof, but didn't get into it that much.  But I've seen several more Simon Pegg movies since then, and have come to like him, so I gave it another try and liked it better this time.  And, being a big Queen fan, the scene set to Don't Stop Me Now was excellent!!!  Timed perfectly to the music!  I was laughing all the way through it!

Some more of my favorite comedies:

Young Frankenstein 

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 

And I can't find What's Up, Doc? starring Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neil, which features one of the funniest chase scenes ever!  And just try keeping track of all the overnight cases in your head!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
carmen22
0 Kudos

dulcinea3 wrote:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is Hilarious:smileyvery-happy:!!!

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson