Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
bookworm1710
0 Kudos

Favorite books

what are your favorite books and who are they by?
"And how ARE things on Planet You Wish?"
New User
TheCliqueLover
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite books

My favroit bok is The Clique series and there really and i am starting a Clique anyone who 

wants to join can i'm Massie so anyone who is intreaded can be Clair, Dylan, Alicia, or

Kristen. if u want to join u must have an AOL E-Mail so if u want to join let me know by   

E-Mailing me at MassieBnpc@aol.com .

Massie 

Frequent Contributor
booklovergirl12
0 Kudos

I'm reading this series called Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. They're fantasy but they seem so real. They're really fantastic books even though they're meant for a little bit younger children than me, maybe ages 10+. Ib would totally recommend them to anyone, fantasy lover or not.
~BoOkLoVeRgIrL12
Frequent Contributor
booklovergirl12
0 Kudos

Oh yeah, 4th book comes out March 24th if anyones interested.
~BoOkLoVeRgIrL12
Inspired Contributor
Kimbeey13
0 Kudos

There is a good number if books that I absolutley adore, but I guess I could say my two favorites are probably 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton and 'The Princess Bride' (the abriged version of S. Morgenstern's book) by William Goldman.

Another book I should mention (as I just finished it not long ago and loved it!) is 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky. I'm sure more and more books will be added to my favorites list over time. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

My favorite novels are Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte, which is full of drama and passion, and The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson, which is a great horror story.  I first read both of them when I was in my teens, so they're not just "grown-up" books.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings

I have no particular favorite book but a great number of my books are mostly about horses.

I'm in love with horses!

"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."
Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic

Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Hands down.
Inspired Scribe
carmen22

I have so many it's hard to just pick one but here are some of my Favorites!!

The Name of the Wind  

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)  It's not out yet but I know I'm going to love it the first one left many questions!!

Lamentation 

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

As you can probably see...my tastes are varied.  Here are only a few of my all-time favorites:

The Grapes of Wrath 

Book of Illusions 

The Devil in the White City  

Anna Karenina (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs