Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Denbeath
0 Kudos

Feel Cheated

I bought my Nook May 19th for $259.00.  Approx two weeks later B&N offers a free $50 gift certificate with the purchass of a Nook then a week or so after that I see a Nook for $100.00 less than what I paid for mine.

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Re: Feel Cheated

Call CS and ask them what they can do for you... I would imagine B&N will send you the $50 gc since the timing is so close to when you bought your Nook.  The nook that you are seeing thats $100 less is NOT the same Nook you purchased for $259.

New User
ColReome
0 Kudos

Don't bother contacting CS. All I tried to get was a $50 card (like everyone else) two weeks after I purchased the 259 model (plus a two year warranty). I sent a copy of my receipt and was very nice. CS respons? "We sincerely regret any disappointment this may have caused".

My local stores could not/would not give me an adjustment.

Bite the bullet but if you can do it, more power to you. Nice didn't work...

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou

Seriously, this is getting extremely OLD!!!!  OLD, OLD, OLD!  I'm so sick and tired of reading about how "I got cheated by B&N because I bought a nook and now it's cheaper".  Honestly, aren't you people ashamed of yourselves?  As an adult, if I cried this much about something so ridiculous, I would be humiliated.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND REALIZE THAT ALL THINGS WILL BE CHEAPER NOT LONG AFTER THEY GO ON SALE.  IT HAPPENED WITH THE IPHONE, IT HAPPEND WITH FLAT PANEL TV'S, IT HAPPENED WITH THE KINDLE, AND IT HAPPEND WITH THE NOOK.  ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY THAT SURPRISED?

GROW UP! 

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Reader
manhunt545

.Re: Feel Cheated

Ok. If you bought you bought it May 19th, you would of been able to get the 50 dollar gift card. But that was only until a certain date. You have waited to long so its your own fault and stop complaining.

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

Re: .Re: Feel Cheated

Geez, once again I just don't understand the meanness some people feel that they have to express on these boards!!  The guy has a right to his feelings... and if you can't offer helpful comment to new people, why do you have to comment at all? 

Linda

Correspondent
cork_dork_mom
0 Kudos

Re: .Re: Feel Cheated

I have to agree. The old adage comes to mind... "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

There's enough piss & vinegar in the world, why add to it?

It is true that when new technology is introduced it will go down in price the longer it's available. Remember the old VHS players? When they were first introduced, we had to rent one from the grocery store because they were SO expensive. Then, after a few years, you could pick one up for under $200 (now I've seen them at the thrift stores for a few dollars).

EffieTX wrote:

Geez, once again I just don't understand the meanness some people feel that they have to express on these boards!!  The guy has a right to his feelings... and if you can't offer helpful comment to new people, why do you have to comment at all? 

Linda

cork_dork_mom
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

PepaLou wrote:

Seriously, this is getting extremely OLD!!!!  OLD, OLD, OLD!  I'm so sick and tired of reading about how "I got cheated by B&N because I bought a nook and now it's cheaper".  Honestly, aren't you people ashamed of yourselves?  As an adult, if I cried this much about something so ridiculous, I would be humiliated.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM AND REALIZE THAT ALL THINGS WILL BE CHEAPER NOT LONG AFTER THEY GO ON SALE.  IT HAPPENED WITH THE IPHONE, IT HAPPEND WITH FLAT PANEL TV'S, IT HAPPENED WITH THE KINDLE, AND IT HAPPEND WITH THE NOOK.  ARE YOU PEOPLE SERIOUSLY THAT SURPRISED?

GROW UP! 

Lighten up?

Humor works as well as scathing sarcasm -- at least sometimes?

A rule in our house when our son was growing up was "don't make the other person wrong."  When he was a teenager or perhaps it was in college, he would sometimes say, "But, Mom, it's fun to make someone wrong!"  The joys of parenting?

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou
0 Kudos

Peppermill wrote:

PepaLou wrote:

GROW UP! 

Lighten up?

Humor works as well as scathing sarcasm -- at least sometimes?

A rule in our house when our son was growing up was "don't make the other person wrong."  When he was a teenager or perhaps it was in college, he would sometimes say, "But, Mom, it's fun to make someone wrong!"  The joys of parenting?

How about you check out every board on here, and you'll see that almost every other post is about how someone feels "cheated", or "robbed" because the price dropped. 

How about I'm just tired of grown people being cry babies.

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Contributor
Parman
0 Kudos

Just typical deceptive marketing.  I got the $259 modle with the $50 Gift Card.  Check the reciept.  They charged $209 for the Nook and $50 for the card.  So appaently I had to buy the gift catd so they could give it to me??? Of course I did not have the option of not getting the card.  Called CS to complaing about the cheaper model the day after Father's Day and am getting a $10 Gift Card for my trouble.  Even after I complained that they of course they knew they were coming out with the $149 model the day after Father's Day. So all of us that got the Father's Day "Special" got duped and did not have that option available to us.  That is why they say "Buyer Beware".  Too bad it applies to B&N too.