Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

First Look Book Club

I was a regular participant in the First Look Book club and loved it.  Ran into a very busy schedule for a few months so didn't participate.  I have been looking back regularly but haven't seen anything.  Is this book club still in existence?  Will there be an opportunity to sign up any time soon?

I'm having First Look Book club withdrawl!!

Kathy

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

Re: First Look Book Club

Kathy: 

The First Look Book Club is still in existence.  Three Seconds  by Roslund & Hellstrom was the December first look.  No announcement for January - am also anxiously waiting for the next one to be posted.

Barb

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Wordsmith
kpatton
0 Kudos

Good to know.  I must have missed it.  I looked in December also.  I was thinking that Vixen was the last.  I'll keep watching.  I am assuming that it shows up here.

Kathy

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

kpatton wrote:

Good to know.  I must have missed it.  I looked in December also.  I was thinking that Vixen was the last.  I'll keep watching.  I am assuming that it shows up here.

Kathy

Kathy -- make certain you watch the Announcements Board as well.  It may show up there and not necessarily directly on the Community Room.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Correspondent
1archi1
0 Kudos

I have been waiting for the next announcement also.  I really enjoyed reading the First Looks an discussing with everyone.  I hope they continue it.  I miss my fellow posters

:smileyhappy:
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

When you are viewing a thread or message board, up at the top under that tan bar where it says <screen name> : Logout, My Profile, Help -- there is a line of letters that say Browse Book Clubs: <and the name of the forum you are currently viewing>

You can click on just the first part, Browse Book Clubs, and it brings up a list of all the forums, blogs and archives. About the fourth section down there is a whole First Look forum.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

kpatton wrote:

I was a regular participant in the First Look Book club and loved it.  Ran into a very busy schedule for a few months so didn't participate.  I have been looking back regularly but haven't seen anything.  Is this book club still in existence?  Will there be an opportunity to sign up any time soon?

I'm having First Look Book club withdrawal!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy, this is Kathy...:smileyhappy:  I can't imagine them getting rid of that popular discussion venue.  They're probably having to slowdown for January (gone dark), and since Paul isn't with us anymore, the shifting of the gears, as it were (with Admins./authors/publishers, etc.), takes time.

Just my assumptions.  Float the Announcements board to the top of your view, so you won't miss it.

Frequent Contributor
Lblaze
0 Kudos

I have also been wondering when we will have the next First Look! I check the announcement board all the time...hopefully there will be one in Feb?  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

Just wonder who is the Mod ect for the First Look Club now...:smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
READERJANE
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. I also have missed this discussion group and I hope they keep it going. Now that I have time, I plan on doing a lot more reading !