Contributor
ALBSPM

First Look

Is the First Look program still alive and well?  Apparently Paul Hochman is no longer doing this program....how do I find information on availability, etc. of participation, if it's still around?

Distinguished Correspondent
zaphiragirl
0 Kudos

Re: First Look

I would like to know about that too...if anyone knows please comment... :smileywink: ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
God Bless and Happy Reading!
Contributor
tjewell
0 Kudos

I am interested as well. 

Frequent Contributor
hookedonbooks09
0 Kudos

Yes!  I've been watching and checking, too.  Truly hope it's not the end of the run for this oh-so fun and wonderful book club.

I'll be hoping someone addresses this issue for us.

Miss you all, and of course the books!

Barb H.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

FL Club,

I must check the Community Room and Announcement boards at least twice a day, hoping, hoping, hoping.  I miss everyone too.  It's such a great group of people.  FL makes us think and think and think and then, think more.  Let's hope B&N is reading these posts.

Contributor
ALBSPM
0 Kudos

Well at least I know it's not me!!!!  I hear Random House has a First Look type program, too.  Check it out.

Wordsmith
babzilla41
0 Kudos

I notice that the name in the drop down box has changed from "Book Club" to "Blog Forums"...I hope that's not an indication of the loss of FL!  :smileysad:

"I love books. If I could eat them, I would. I love their scent and often put my nose in to inhale their aroma." - Kathleen Grissom
Frequent Contributor
deannafrances
0 Kudos

I check about 3 x a week too!!! I miss this group and getting to discuss the book selection.  I hope it is not discontinued.   Thanks for starting this post--I hope all the FLers will add their names and B&N will notice we miss it.

Correspondent
jabrkeKB
0 Kudos

I agree!! I MISS First Look and Sneak Peek!!

I have enjoyed so many wonderful books that I might not have chosen on my own.

Wordsmith
literature
0 Kudos

jabrkeKB wrote:

I agree!! I MISS First Look and Sneak Peek!!

I have enjoyed so many wonderful books that I might not have chosen on my own.

Besides reading different genres, it's a different way of approaching the story line, characters and the plot and learning to analyze instead of just reading.  You see, we're never too old to learn new tricks!