Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
nymazz
0 Kudos

Re: First Look

Hi all

Just wanted to add my 2cents worth, I've loved participating in FL and I hope it continues.

I've been checking every other day so I was happy to see some discussion starting.  Hope it helps.

What's Sneak Peak by the way?

Hoping to hear some good news regarding both clubs SOON!!   :smileyvery-happy:

NYMazz

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. -Mason Cooley-
Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

My biggest wish is that someone from B&N would talk to us about First Look and Sneak Peek. The clubs have been a great way to create community, sell books, and get the word out about new authors. They have to be reading these. Now, won't you talk to us please?

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Lildove3
0 Kudos

I agree...we never had to wait this long for another selection...can someone please update us

on what we can or can not expect in the future???

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill

Come and participate in some of the existing book discussion boards? 

Literature by Women is voting on selections for the next several months this week.

The books aren't "free," the discussion groups are smaller, and the books usually have been available for awhile.  But most will stretch one's reading into areas and topics one might not otherwise consider and almost always yield good discussions.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Inspired Contributor
Bearsstar
0 Kudos

I am so glad that I am not the only one  who was "confused" regarding the First Look.  I thought I was just getting old and senile and couldn't figure out how to get from one place to another on the "new B&N site.  I hope they get something going and that this isn't the last we've seen of First Look.  I will also check out the new site you recommended

Jeanne G aka Bearsstar
Frequent Contributor
kstempien
0 Kudos

At first I thought I was just missing the announcements or something, but I was glad to see others asking the same questions too. I miss FL, and keep checking, hoping for an announcement. Although I've only participated in a few recently, I believe it was a great experience and wonderful opportunity to not only check out new author's & their work, but also to broaden our reading to areas we might not have chosen on our own. I know I'm not alone, but I really hope B&N elects someone else to fill Paul's spot (so sorry to see he's no longer with us) and continues the FL club ASAP!!! 

Frequent Contributor
bettymac
0 Kudos

There is a message under First Look - Three Seconds announcing that there will be no more First Look Book Club. I will really miss the opportunity to read these challenging books and sharing thoughts about them with highly gifted readers.

Thanks for all your great comments and insights through the years.

Good luck with all your reading...

Betty

Betty

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread. ~François Mauriac
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

bettymac wrote:

There is a message under First Look - Three Seconds announcing that there will be no more First Look Book Club.

Here's a link to that message, which was posted today: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/First-Look-Three-Seconds/An-important-message-for-all-First-L...

Scribe
DSaff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I guess we should have seen this coming. :smileysad:

bettymac wrote:

There is a message under First Look - Three Seconds announcing that there will be no more First Look Book Club. I will really miss the opportunity to read these challenging books and sharing thoughts about them with highly gifted readers.

Thanks for all your great comments and insights through the years.

Good luck with all your reading...

Betty

DonnaS =) " Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own." Charles Scribner
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Chinese Proverb
My blog: http://bookworm56.blogspot.com
Contributor
ALBSPM
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the info that FL is no longer available to us.  I, like so many more will (and have) missed it!