Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Free Friday Nookbook Feb. 25

This week's Free Friday is offering two Nookbooks -

How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire with Bonus Material   

From the Synopsis

Kerrelyn Sparks introduces readers to a demon world that is curiously parallel to the human world. There are vampire cable channels that feature talks shows, soap operas and a celebrity magazine called Live! With the Undead. But as a human female crosses boundaries into this new reality, the results can be dangerous and hilarious ...

Becoming American  

From the Synopsis

Far too many Americans, of all races, are unaware of the pivotal role that people of African descent have played in shaping the US and the world. Even less is known about the role of African peoples in the history of all humankind. Becoming American: The African-American Journey will open their eyes—and enlighten even the already knowledgeable. It features two side-by-side chronological timelines that uniquely contrast the major events and personalities in both African-American and Global/African Diasporan history—spanning from 4 million BCE to Barack Obama’s momentous presidential campaign. In addition, a carefully-chosen collection of key political, historical, cultural and literary texts, quotes, speeches, and songs document the impact of the black presence in American and world history.

Two completely different kinds of books! Yay!

The Free Friday ebooks usually gets posted on this message board but they can also be found on the Unbound blog here on the B&N website and posted on the Nook Facebook page. For even more free Nookbooks, there is a thread on the Nookbook Discussion board entitled "Free Nookbook summery thread - please no OT" that is filled with lots of free ebook suggestions from other readers.

Have a great day!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Re: Free Friday Nookbook Feb. 25

Oops! I actually meant to post this on the Nook General Discussion board :smileysurprised:. I hope no one minds that it's here.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I don't think anyone will mind Connie.  Have a good day

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I think we both posted at the same time this morning so it probably worked out well that one was on the discussion board and the other one ended up here.

You have a good day, too :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

More then one location isn't a bad thing afterall, and I learned something today, I'll be more careful which one I grab next time I do it.  Though it all worked out in the end afterall.  Have a good day.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.