Frequent Contributor
DBDigital
0 Kudos

Re: Gift cards...refusal to combine into one card

"I think you can buy an e-giftcard online. I've never done this at B&N so I'm not sure how it works here, but I've done it for other stores and they e-mail you the gc number after you buy it. At least one of the online stores I've bought a gc at had the option of mailing you the gc as well." Yes that is true, someone recently sent me one this way. I did think of using other cards to buy a new one, online but I have a lot more than 3. But I suppose one could do more than one purchase. Buy a new card use 3 to pay for it. Then use the new card with 2 other cards to get another card. A round about way of doing it, but just might work. I probably will try that later, it would be a pain in the backside though. I guess it is still a better idea to ask for cash rather than gift cards.....too much hassle. Sad but this proves it. :smileysad:
Contributor
AliciaDean_1835
0 Kudos

I wondered about that too. I have three gift cards now on my account with very low balances, and I have one to add. Guess if it's not fixed, I'll have to remove one. Thanks for posting this!

Alicia Dean
Author of Suspense and Paranormal
aka Winter Frost - Lady in the Mist, a Gothic Mystery Novella
Frequent Contributor
DBDigital
0 Kudos

AliciaDean_1835 wrote:

I wondered about that too. I have three gift cards now on my account with very low balances, and I have one to add. Guess if it's not fixed, I'll have to remove one. Thanks for posting this!

Welcome.  I just had a thought though, if the gift card bug is not fixed I bet that not all the money will move over and will likely be lost.  If anyone is going to try this make sure you do it with two low ammounts you don't mind loosing.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

DBDigital wrote:

AliciaDean_1835 wrote:

Welcome.  I just had a thought though, if the gift card bug is not fixed I bet that not all the money will move over and will likely be lost.  If anyone is going to try this make sure you do it with two low ammounts you don't mind loosing.

When you buy something other than eBooks with gift cards, it does not use the gift cards on file like it does when buying eBooks.  You have to input each gift card separately to tell it to use that gift card, so it should zero out each gift card and let you know how much money you still owe. 

Frequent Contributor
DBDigital
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
bklvr89c

When you buy something other than eBooks with gift cards, it does not use the gift cards on file like it does when buying eBooks.  You have to input each gift card separately to tell it to use that gift card, so it should zero out each gift card and let you know how much money you still owe. 

Ohhh I have not used gift cards for anythong other than ebooks, and assumed they used the same system.  Thanks for the info!

-DB

Contributor
mpengle
0 Kudos

Yes that is true. If you go to your account page you'll see that the link to add gift cards actually says "manage giftcards for ebooks.". That is why you need to manually add the giftcards when making a different purchase.