Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

Google Reader Replacements - Including Port of Newsrob to Newsblur

If anyone else is using their Nook device in part as a news client for RSS, you've probably already started looking at alternatives.  On the color device, when you have wifi, there are a ton of great choices. 

If you want to be able to read news when you don't have access to wifi, things get more challenging.  Also true on the e-ink devices.

My favorite RSS reader since I got the Nook Color has been Newsrob, and Newsrob's been configured to support the newsblur back-end.  I have the open source beta working on my NSTG as well as my Nook and Samsung devices.

I like Newsrob because it can be configured to fetch entire articles, not just the ledes.

I bought a Newsrob license once I tried the app out, and have also bought a newsblur subscription (in no small part because I'm pinging the service from four or so different devices at different times.) 

Newsblur's faster than Google Reader was and so far, more reliable.  The offline sync is working very well for me.  Two thumbs up, and a big thank you to Mariano, who let others work with his source code and to Travis, who did the Newsblur port fast enough that there needn't be an interruption in service.

If offline is something important to your use, definitely get a look at the Newsrob user's group mailing list. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.