Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Ultimate Showdown

While of course many people like both of these popular series', we've still gotten quite a few people coming to the Book Clubs wanting to talk about which one they think is better.

But which series really is the most popular here at the Book Clubs?  Go to our home page, look down on the left for the poll and vote for which one is your favorite.... and we'll soon find out!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

Re: Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Ultimate Showdown

thay are both good books and there is no right or wrong when reading you can them

if you can tell i readed twilight it ok. but you move on to better books that why it was ok.

at the time it was great book. you dont have to really pick no book is better its the person how think one book is better.

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

Re:Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Ultimate Showdown

thay are both good books and there is no right or wrong when reading you can them

if you can tell i readed twilight it ok. but you move on to better books that why it was ok.

at the time it was great book. you dont have to really pick no book is better its the person how think one book is better.

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
New User
NANI_FANPIRE
0 Kudos

TWILIGHT IS THE BEST NO DOUGHT BOUT IT!!
Frequent Contributor
HoplessRomantic

Grrr...There is no competition when it comes down to HP vs Twilight.  HP has so much more substance than Twilight.  In HP we see REAL self sacrifice, courage etc.  Not this watered down stuff that hinges arround instant gratification.

Okay...Okay I read Twilight and enjoyed it (at least the first one after that it got old).

Are you really saying that the insanely brilliant world of Hogwarts is a second to gloom and doom Forks (or wherever).

I  was upset that the HP  film was pushed back to accomidate twilight (yes I bought the DVD).

I just don't think there is a question to which is better as my late friend Mrs. Wseasley would say "What? Are you nuts!  No Ron no life..." Or something like that

â It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.â Said by Mrs. Bennet in Jane Austens Pride and Prejudice
New User
Trumppy2000
0 Kudos

Totally agree
New User
_Madders_
0 Kudos

Ya Twilight for sure!!!! DOnt read Harry Potter! EWWW Twilight is way WAY better!.... but i guess thats whoevers opinion but i mean c'mon Edward and emmett and of course jake are the BOMB! I mean how many twilight sights are their on the internet? i mean im a member of www.thetwilightsaga.com and OMG there is so many members from all over
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

As an adult I will have to say the Harry Potter books are written in such a way that makes the Twilight books seem like they are ment for 2 year olds.  I tried to read the first Twilight book but could not get past page 10.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Contributor
mer-mer
0 Kudos

you can't compare HP to Twilight it just isnt right. HP beats the hell out of Twilight. check out the Twilight vocabulary and content for christ sakes. we are talking about constant monothematic annoyance here. HP atleast has more subplots, and way more interesting characters, the whole series isnt just based on 2 characters ONLY.

i'll admit it, i read twilight and sure enjoyed it, but its way too basic a read, if you actually want to learn something you've got to chalenge yourself, read a book you cant understand a word of and then lets speak Twilight

New User
andy2007
0 Kudos

Harry Potter wins hands down. Twilight is for teenage girls looking for a romantic hero and a general moody feelings in their life (like everybody is conspiring against them - the parents, school etc etc)

andy with his new blog