Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Help adding image to Signature

I looked in the Help section and Profile and am not seeing anything about adding an image. I see about contacting someone to be able to add photos but ???

Can someone explain better please?

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Inspired Contributor
gkaiseil
0 Kudos

Re: Help adding image to Signature

Go to your account, the "My Account" link at the top of this page. Scroll down the "Personalize" section and click on the "Visit My B&N" link. Next to your 'pen name' will be your current avatar or default image and under that image will be the ink "Change avatar". Click that link and a new pop-up window will appear with some avatar images and a list of other categories of avatar images. Scroll though the images and categories, and double click on your selected avatar. Then click the "Use this avatar" to save your selection and close the pop-up window. Then click the "Save changes" to save this an other profile changes. You will have to close your web browser and restart it to see the changes.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Oops, I apologize. I should have been more clear. I know how to do that but don't want one of those pictures.
I'm talking about the cover photos of your book people are using to add to their Signature at the end of every post. Some even put their bk cover photos in the post. This doesn't seem to be working for me as I am clearly doing something wrong. lol

Any ideas?

Inspired Contributor
gkaiseil
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Add the text or insert your image into the to the "Tell us about yourself" section.

You can add a break line from the add reply menu:

And and image from web page buy referencing the URL from the reply menu  along with more text:

Fly with the egals

Text under the image.

You can see the necessary HTML code  by selecting the "HTML" tab. And then you can cut and paste that code as needed.

Inspired Contributor
gkaiseil
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It might be possible to insert special HTML code on the Rich Text page.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will try that.