Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
NookBookBunny
0 Kudos

Help with page breaks!

So when I use page breaks on Microsoft word it works fine. But when I try and publish it on Pubit its still not making my chapters start on a new page. They just continue right after the next. I thought after using the page breaks it would be fine but its not. Can anyone please help me? I would like for my chapters to start on every new page. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Help with page breaks!

1) You should ask at the Nook Press forum. PubIt is now called Nook Press.

2) You should check out the site and the new software - https://www.nookpress.com/

Contributor
NookBookBunny
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My account was already synced to Nookpress so now Im just looking for some help if someone can offer it to me 

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Have you tried section breaks rather than basic page breaks? No idea if this matters or not, but I've had to make similar adjustments using MS Word for other publications.

keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bobstro wrote:

Have you tried section breaks rather than basic page breaks? No idea if this matters or not, but I've had to make similar adjustments using MS Word for other publications.

This is totally nothing to do with nook press, but...  Do you know how to remove a section break in Word?  I write in Scrivener and when I export to Word it gives me section breaks at chapters.  Sometimes I need to take them out and I don't know how.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

In Word 2003, I put the curser on the dotted line and delete.

For the page breaks not working, use section break and see if that does it. Page break worked for me, but not some other people.

I save as .doc.

If you are using Word 2007 or 2010, save as Word 97-2003. There's code that can foul up the upload.

I hope this helps.

bobstro
0 Kudos

Well, I know how *I* get rid of 'em. Backspace over the buggers. (Move cursor to top of next page and backspace.) It's stupid, but it works reasonably quickly.

The official answer is to view codes (the paragraph symbol on the toolbar), then delete the section break, but I find that takes longer.

Anything I knew about MS Word based on years of using it went out the window (Window?) when 2010 shipped. Now I can't find anything.

keriflur
0 Kudos

bobstro wrote:

Well, I know how *I* get rid of 'em. Backspace over the buggers. (Move cursor to top of next page and backspace.) It's stupid, but it works reasonably quickly.

The official answer is to view codes (the paragraph symbol on the toolbar), then delete the section break, but I find that takes longer.

Anything I knew about MS Word based on years of using it went out the window (Window?) when 2010 shipped. Now I can't find anything.

I'll try viewing codes. Backspacing hasn't worked for me (I'm on 2010).

Thanks!

Contributor
NookBookBunny
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I might be able to try the section breaks then and see if that works. How do I go about doing section breaks?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

NookBookBunny wrote:

I might be able to try the section breaks then and see if that works. How do I go about doing section breaks?

We're mostly readers here, not writers. Try the NOOK Press Help Board.