Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
mayumithrasher
0 Kudos

Horror/Thrillers

Hi~

I've been looking around to see if anyone has started a thread about Horror/Thrillers but haven't found one, except for the area dedicated to Stephen King. Is there one that I've just missed? If not, was wondering if a bookclub could be started OR if Horror could fit into any current ones?

Thanks,
Mayumi
New User
talp13
0 Kudos

Re: Horror/Thrillers

I stopped reading Stephen King and started reading Tess Gerritsen, Philip Margolin, Harlan Coban, Robert B. Parker. I even got tired of James Patterson. I don't know if they're horror/thrillers, but they kept my attention. There are others, but I can't remember them right now.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I have heard of Tess Geritan but have never read her. I will have to get one of her books and try it.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Tess Gerritsen

kiakar wrote:
I have heard of Tess Geritan but have never read her. I will have to get one of her books and try it.

Tess Gerritsen's books are really good Kiakar! I've read a lot of hers and they're suspense/mystery style. She was a doctor so her early books are medical thrillers. I bet you'll like them.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Tess Gerritsen

Wrighty wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Tess Gerritsen's books are really good Kiakar! I've read a lot of hers and they're suspense/mystery style. She was a doctor so her early books are medical thrillers. I bet you'll like them.

Sounds good! Will have to try them!
New User
Barkerfan1
0 Kudos

Has anyone found other reasonable discussion groups on here along the clive barker/hp lovecraft vein?
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Barkerfan1 wrote: Has anyone found other reasonable discussion groups on here along the clive barker/hp lovecraft vein?

Hi Barker,
Check out the Paranormal discussion. (Click Here.) I bet you could find people with similar interests.
Enjoy!
Frequent Contributor
peculiarbelle
0 Kudos

mayumithrasher wrote:
Hi~

I've been looking around to see if anyone has started a thread about Horror/Thrillers but haven't found one, except for the area dedicated to Stephen King. Is there one that I've just missed? If not, was wondering if a bookclub could be started OR if Horror could fit into any current ones?

Thanks,
Mayumi

I was just thinking the same thing. Especially since now it is October and it is the perfect month to do a horror discussion.

And Stephen King is not the only Horror author, we should have a whole board for horror.

And Dracula is not the only horror book.

Let's expand.
"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself."