Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
hair-and-pin
0 Kudos

How Do I borrow books from the library?

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME AND EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO BORROW BOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

Re: How Do I borrow books from the library?

Go to the library and ask them how to get a library card.  Once you have the card, go to the library, look at the books, choose what you want to read, and use the card at the desk to check them out (you will probably be limited as to how many you can check out at one time).  Note the return by date, and read them and get them back to the library by that date, or you may have to pay a fine.

(If you ask on one of the Nook boards, you may get a different answer.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Contributor
hair-and-pin
0 Kudos

Thank You everyone

Frequent Contributor
KD67

dulcinea3 wrote:

Go to the library and ask them how to get a library card.  Once you have the card, go to the library, look at the books, choose what you want to read, and use the card at the desk to check them out (you will probably be limited as to how many you can check out at one time).  Note the return by date, and read them and get them back to the library by that date, or you may have to pay a fine.

OMG, now you know that the OP was asking about getting them for the Nook even if they didn't state it that way!  I mean come on, was a useless comment really necessary?

Frequent Contributor
JaneRenee
0 Kudos

KD67 wrote:

dulcinea3 wrote:

OMG, now you know that the OP was asking about getting them for the Nook even if they didn't state it that way!  I mean come on, was a useless comment really necessary?

Probably not necessary, but come on...these boards are a bit of a mess already. No need to make it worse. A small search through the sections shows you the best place to post questions.

-Jane Renee
Contributor
txsue
0 Kudos

Best info on library books for the nook www.beingruth.com
Reader 4
Constance253
0 Kudos

I'm sorry!  I left out the most important part.  I want to know how to borrow books from the library to download to my nook color, if possible.

Thanks,all

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Constance253 wrote:

I'm sorry!  I left out the most important part.  I want to know how to borrow books from the library to download to my nook color, if possible.

Thanks,all

Try the links in my signature to setting up Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, which you will need, and how to download library books.  The instructions are for the Nook, but should be basically the same steps for the NookColor.

And you should post your NookColor questions on the Nookcolor forums, that's where all the NC owners who can answer questions are.

New User
melissafirefly

Thank you, Thank you!!!  I'm very happy to have found these very clear instructions.  I love my Nook Tablet, but I was about to get frustrated, because I couldn't figure out how to get my library ebooks. Now I can

:smileyhappy: