Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
x029488x
0 Kudos

How do I reset Owner Name & Account email on Nook Tablet

How do I change the original owner name and account (email address) in settings on the Nook Tablet?

Distinguished Correspondent
Souzou
0 Kudos

Re: How do I reset Owner Name & Account email on Nook Tablet

Before you change the acccount email, go to "Settings" then "Device Info" to deregister the device.  Then log onto your account at BN.com.  There will be a place to change the email account and name.  Then, log into your nook with the new email and old password (unless you also decide to change the password.)

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Re: reset B&N Account email & get NOOKS and ADE functioning?

I am switching to a new ISP and getting a new email address.  I also use ADE to manage my healthy library of sideloaded books (mostly DRMed epubs). 

I have done a search for "changing account email address" and read several older threads, including this one.All threads, this being the most recent, indicate that deregistering and reregistering the device is/was the correct proceedure, although someone suggested in one thread just to leave the old email address and pretend it's still valid (?).  

I would really appreciate anupdate on the procedure and the order of operations.  When this process is finished, I would like to have the following accomplished:

• my new email address on my B&N account
  • all my NOOKS (3) up and running w/ fully stocked libraries and the new email address
  • my ADE account switched switched to the new address and all the books safely reloaded

I'm decent at following directions, and I would really appreciate if someone can walk me through this.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Look at the threads for the type of Nook you have, be it NC or whatever. I am sure the answer is there. This is a device question If you can't find the answer, just ask the question there. Good luck and you will find out.
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,004

whiteginger wrote:

I would really appreciate anupdate on the procedure and the order of operations.  When this process is finished, I would like to have the following accomplished:

• my new email address on my B&N account
  • all my NOOKS (3) up and running w/ fully stocked libraries and the new email address
  • my ADE account switched switched to the new address and all the books safely reloaded

I'm decent at following directions, and I would really appreciate if someone can walk me through this.

I suspect, but don't know for a fact, that the following is still valid on all NOOK models:

1. Unregister your NOOKs, NOOK for PC, etc.
  2. Change the email address on your B&N account
  3. Reregister your NOOKs, NOOK for PC, etc.

Note that this will probably result in your NOOKs losing all but the most recent NOOK Book purchases (meaning they need to be re-downloaded), and will probably result in the total loss of shelves, bookmarks, notes, etc. If you're not saving "current page" to your B&N account, you'll lose that, too.

For NOOK 1e, you can save time on the redownloading by copying the My B&N Content folder to your computer before unregistering, then copying it back after reregistering. It's my understanding that the later NOOK models don't give you access to the B&N Content folder, but I don't know that for sure.

As for Adobe, just go to Adobe, log into your Adobe account, and change the email address. That's all there is to it. This does not in any way affect the devices and computers that are already activated. They'll stay activated and work just fine. Do not deactivate any devices and computers from Adobe. Similarly, changing your Adobe email address does not affect any e-books already downloaded; they also will work just fine. It will (obviously?) affect the email address that you will provide for new device activations and especially for new e-book purchases. I believe that the Sony ebook store still requires that your login there match your Adobe email address, so if you've got a Sony account, you probably need to change it to match.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

For NOOK 1e, you can save time on the redownloading by copying the My B&N Content folder to your computer before unregistering, then copying it back after reregistering. It's my understanding that the later NOOK models don't give you access to the B&N Content folder, but I don't know that for sure.

This is correct, only the N1E allows the user to access the My B&N Content folder.  For all other devices, you have to root the device to access this folder.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Thanks Doug, and all, for your replies.  I realized that this was probably not the best location to post my questions  (and after a couple of days without a response, I did repost on NST board), but I did search before posting and decided to  follow up on the "most recent thread " of this topic--and well--it was on this board :smileysurprised:.  

I have N1E, NC, and NST, so tomorrow looks like a busy NOOK day for me.

I do not fly by the seat of my pants very well; I like to have read and understood all the directions before I begin something. Soo . . . one more situation and a few questions:

I will be getting a new computer in a few days.  I plan to have this email address change all straightened out before that. (That is the best plan, isn't it?  One step at a time?)  I will have made a copy of all my ADE-sideloaded epub files.  I can simply copy those to appropriate folders on my NOOKs, right?  No more need for ADE on those files?

But--if I want the older files to be a part of my ADE library on the new computer, How do I transfer my ADE program and library to a new computer? 

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

I wanted to make sure you got an answer.