Reader
COM801
0 Kudos

Re: How to edit my review?

deesy58 wrote:

I was able to get my review released from limbo by contacting Alex_G via Private Message.  He informed me that the review had been rejected because it contained the word "price," but he was able to release it, and he did.  If your review is still stuck, perhaps you should send Alex a PM.  He can probably release it for you.  He can also allow you to edit or rewrite it.

There is probably a single word (like "money") within the text of your review that the computer has been programmed to reject.  IMO, the list of unacceptable words has not been changed. 

I appreciate your response. I have contacted Alex, so hopefully he can assist me. Thanx.

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

COM801 wrote:

deesy58 wrote:

I was able to get my review released from limbo by contacting Alex_G via Private Message.  He informed me that the review had been rejected because it contained the word "price," but he was able to release it, and he did.  If your review is still stuck, perhaps you should send Alex a PM.  He can probably release it for you.  He can also allow you to edit or rewrite it.

There is probably a single word (like "money") within the text of your review that the computer has been programmed to reject.  IMO, the list of unacceptable words has not been changed. 

I appreciate your response. I have contacted Alex, so hopefully he can assist me. Thanx.

If you think about it, how might an Internet Web site that allows users to post be able to censor obscenities, hate speech, or other types of offensive language. One of the easiest methods would be to create a list of "keywords" that some might consider offensive. Then, a computer software program might simply compare each word in the user's post to all the words in the list. If any of them match, the post would be considered to be "offensive," and would be rejected. It is a mindless system that is totally incapable of exercising "judgment." But it seems to work most of the time. :smileyindifferent:

It's a lot like using a trawl net to catch certain types of fish.  Unfortunately, some fish that are not supposed to be harvested also become caught in the net.  :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

By complete accident I put up a link, since I am a book reviewer I place my reviews on numerous site and send links to appropriate person. I had that saved on my clipboard and not my review...now it has been blocked and I cannot figure out how to edit it...so frustrating!
You are the author of your own life story.
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58
0 Kudos

mommybooknerd wrote:
By complete accident I put up a link, since I am a book reviewer I place my reviews on numerous site and send links to appropriate person. I had that saved on my clipboard and not my review...now it has been blocked and I cannot figure out how to edit it...so frustrating!

It appears that the B&N Reader Review system has not been working correctly in recent days.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Still no review edit?  Is BN behind the times?  No wonder they're having trouble selling books.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Frequent Contributor
mommybooknerd
0 Kudos

I totally agree!

You are the author of your own life story.
New User
dragonfly97
0 Kudos

Hi I am the author of An Unplanned Lesson. I was just on here checking the reviews of my book. And although someone left me a great review, she also reavelaed a major spoiler with the ending. I don't want this to deter others from reading it. Is there anyway to delete the review or even post spoiler on it so others who haven't read it will not see the suprise ending?

Thanks

Beth Rinyu

New User
acorley84
0 Kudos

I think is you put the word disclaimer in there it automatically rejects it!  All the reviews of mine that have been rejected have a disclaimer saying that I was given the book in return for a review