Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Luisita09
0 Kudos

Re: I Need/Have a Book Recommendation!

Have you read The art of racing in the rain?

New User
Princezz09
0 Kudos

What is a good summer road trip book to read,any recommendations?

New User
Princezz09
0 Kudos

No I haven't.. Is it good? what is about?

New User
broadvision
0 Kudos

Re: I A Have a Book Recommendation!

I recommend you read this book i'm currently reading it's titled shot twice in the head but far from dead the story of a juvenile delinquent the events in this book are SO urban the author paints a perfect picture for each scenario I felt like I was there experiencing every moment with him i can't put this book down i can't wait to get to the part when he talks about surviving getting shot twice in the head OMG!!!:smileysurprised:

everything i read i examine to the letter and try to learn from it so i can better myself
Reader
LKNgal
0 Kudos

Re: I NeedHave a Book Recommendation!

SUMMERLAND - CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!

New User
Justin2730
0 Kudos

The Circuit

In Francisco Jimenez's The Circuit a young migrant child named Panchito leads a life of success and misfortune.  Jimenez retells his own experiences as he narrates the live of Panchito and his family as they persevere through difficult times.  Panchito begins his early life in El Rancho Blanco, Mexico.  Like most in this small mexican town, Panchito and his family are extremely poor.  Their struggle to survive leads to the decision to leave their home town to find  better lifes in the United States.  Once in the United States Panchito's family embrace work given, despite it's incredible toll it takes on the men in the family.

This story is quite compelling and speaks to  the many  tribulations of poverty.  This story was written for  young readers. Jimenez softens some of the realities of migrant workers in the late 40's. 

It is evident that Jimenez uses his own experiences when writing The Circuit.  As the reader follows the story of Panchito he or she experiences emotions that  Jimenez most likely remembered.  

This book is recommended for young readers ages 9-16 years. Jimenez has the ability to connect to teenagers because he uses teenage language as he tells the story of the young boy, Panchito.