Inspired Correspondent
Maria_H
0 Kudos

I Need/Have a Book Recommendation!

Dive into a summer sizzler!

Catch up on the new-smaking noisemaker!

Immerse in the latest literature!

Alliteration aside, are you looking for a book recommendation? Or have a book to recommend?

Post it here!

Please note: This is not the place to recommend your own book. To alert readers to a book you have authored, please post about it here!

Looking for a discussion? Find a Book Club for all your interests!

Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Re: I Need/Have a Book Recommendation!

Hi -------If anyone is looking for some good beach type reading, try Nantucket Nights or The Beach Club, both in paperback and by Elin Hilderbrand. Actually, any of her books are great summertime reading. I know they are available on Barnes and Noble online to order.
Librarian
New User
Cheekylas
0 Kudos

I'm looking for a book that can povide comfort, understanding, sympathy, and hope to a mother & father going through a terrible tragedy.  Their child is hanging on to life by a thread after being resposible for an accident that resulted in the subsequent deaths of friends who were passengers.
Contributor
WritingRiley
0 Kudos

I reccomend Two Weeks of Life. Just a warning, have tissues next to you when reading this book.

-Riley
Live, Love, Laugh, Write, and READ!
New User
Cheekylas
0 Kudos

Thankyou...
Any other have faith/ encouragement (besides Bible)?
80l
Contributor
80l
0 Kudos

I'm looking for a book about an old gang member that tells his story of the hislife in the gang. Let me know if you know wany books like this.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Cheekylas wrote:
I'm looking for a book that can povide comfort, understanding, sympathy, and hope to a mother & father going through a terrible tragedy.  Their child is hanging on to life by a thread after being resposible for an accident that resulted in the subsequent deaths of friends who were passengers.

You all have my deepest sympathy. My family went through the same horrible tragedy 5 years ago when my teenage nephew was killed in a car accident. He was one of two passengers killed but the driver survived although with horrible injuries. I think the guilt has been harder for him than the physical injuries but they were all irresponsible.

We had a discussion about this same subject several months ago and titles were suggested then. I can't remember them but if I find the thread again I will direct you to it. Best wishes. 
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

80l wrote:
I'm looking for a book about an old gang member that tells his story of the hislife in the gang. Let me know if you know wany books like this.

Hi 80I-------There is My Bloody Life: the Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez and Once a King, Always a King: The Unmaking of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez both available on Barnes and Noble online for purchase or you could see if the library has them or could interlibrary loan them.
Librarian
80l
Contributor
80l
0 Kudos

I was reading the first few pages of that book on barnes&noble.com and I don't think I like it that much. The beginning is something that i wouldn't want to read again. Reading what his cousin did to him made my stomach hurt and grossed me out for at least 30 minutes.

Contributor
LostLittleBirds
0 Kudos

I just read the first of the graphic novels, Persepolis, yesterday. It was excellent, I'm going to pick up the second one next time I go to B&N ;] If you're looking for something to read, I reccomend it. I'm not usually into graphic novels, but this one was great, and the pictures are original and unique.