02-20-2011 04:46 PM
See the link in my signature for the details, including how to solve the most common problems people have, but the basics are:
You don't download directly from the library to NOOK/NOOKColor. You need to download to your PC or Mac, "unlock" the DRM with Adobe Digital Edition, (ADE) and then transfer it to NOOK.
The short version is:
- Download ADE.
- Authorize ADE on your computer.
- Go to library.
- Download an ebook. (Don't save, click open. It should open with ADE.)
- Plug NOOK in.
- ADE recognizes NOOK.
- Authorize NOOK in ADE by following prompts.
- Drag icon of book (in ADE!) onto icon of NOOK (in ADE!)
- "Eject" NOOK
- Tap "Check for New Content" in "My Documents"
It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. The downloading of the software and authorizing NOOKs and Computers takes about five minutes. After that the whole process is about a minute per book.
In the future you'll want to post anything related to NOOKs or ebooks on the NOOK boards, here: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Apps-a