Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Surprisingly not so...

Hang on while I google for a better example. 

Scribe
frantastk

bobstro wrote:

OK, I will try to remain extremely literal from here on out. That was an attempt to point out that general reference to ONE PRODUCT does not mean that customers are completely ignorant of OTHER PRODUCTS. You see, a LOT OF PEOPLE will ask for A COKE but really just want A COLA, so while a LOT OF PEOPLE will ask for a KINDLE they really are just asking about EREADERS. You see, sometimes people ask for ONE THING out of ignorance, habit, exposure or laziness, when they really mean ANOTHER THING, or A RANGE OF THING. THIS IS WHAT SOME PEOPLE DO. NOT ALL PEOPLE. SOME PEOPLE.

In other words, FT: Don't lose faith because people get something like that wrong. Kleenex still has competitors. (NOTE: I realize that some people still prefer Kleenex. Thank you.)

I hope that clears things up. I can use larger fonts if it will help.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. All this talk of soda has me thirsty. Think I'll go grab a Coke. Dang it, all we have is Pepsi! 

patgolfneb
0 Kudos

I am also confused, where does my soda stream root beer fit, geeks only? Now I am having an identity crisis. 

roustabout

"I can use larger fonts if it will help"

I'm still having a hard time.  I find it easier to understand things I read when they blink.

Could you rewrite it with blink tags, or maybe create some animated GIFs to illustrate? 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Wordsmith
doncr
0 Kudos

patgolfneb wrote:

I am also confused, where does my soda stream root beer fit, geeks only? Now I am having an identity crisis. 

Does that Soda Stream work with iced tea, or do you have to carbonate the water first, then add the flavored syrup?  Have you ever tried to re-carbonate a beverage?

BTW, in Texas most people refer to every brand of soft drink as a "coke".

Waitress: "What would you like to drink?"

Me: "Coke."

Waitress: "What kind do you want?"

Me: "Dr. Pepper"

And if you want iced tea, you just ask for "tea", and it never has some fruity mango or strawberry flavor added to it.  Adding those flavors to a glass of iced tea is almost as bad as putting beans in chili.

keriflur
0 Kudos

Texans don't put beans in chili? What's in it then?

patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Soda Stream.  Can't recarbonate. Syrup added after carbonation. Sturdy 1 litre bottles. I have used other instant and non syrup flavors.     Saves a ton of recycling, very convenient, not a big money saver. FWIW not a fan of the cola unless I mix it with another flavor. 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Texans don't put beans in chili? What's in it then? Beef, beef and more beef. BTW, anyone know why the quote option has disappeared from the browsers on my iPad? I can't quote things anymore.
keriflur
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:
Texans don't put beans in chili? What's in it then? Beef, beef and more beef. BTW, anyone know why the quote option has disappeared from the browsers on my iPad? I can't quote things anymore.

You have to select the "request desktop site" option.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

You have to select the "request desktop site" option.

I thought I was on the desktop site, I'm certainly not on the mobile site.  I'll have to check into that.  For now, I just moved to one of my computers.