Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Maintenance Today (Old)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

As you might have noticed, the Book Clubs now look a bit different, and also some features are currently missing or not working properly.

We are upgrading the software of the board, so please be patient while we work out these issues.   While we did make some changes to the design of the board, the fact that some features are missing or not working properly is temporary and we are currently working to resolve this.

Thanks!

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3

Re: Maintenance Today

Well, I hope it's not really going to look like this, because it just s**ks.  Sorry, I usually don't swear or anything, but this looks really lousy.  However, I suspect it will continue to look pretty much like this, even if some things, like being able to pin forums or threads to the top do eventually get restored.  I could hardly figure out how to sign in today.  But I am finding it more difficult to find things and it's more difficult to read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Inspired Scribe
carmen22

[ Edited ]

I agree with Dulcinea! And This white is just too much, sorry!

"Bright colors, Vasher thought. I'll have to get used to those again. In any other nation, the vibrant blues and yellows would have been ridiculous on soldiers. This, however, was Hallandren: land of Returned gods, Lifeless servants, BioChromatic research, and - of course - color." Warbreaker By Brandon Sanderson
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G

Sorry Jon, but I'm having to agree with everyone else.  This doesn't look good.  It's harder to read.  I know it will probably stay like this.  I just hope I can get used to it.

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
maude40

The new format is very hard to read. I liked the old format better but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Also , it would really be nice to get a schedule for the September book clubs so we can purchase the books . I do all my buying at BN.Com and its takes time for them to be shipped. Thank you, Yvonne

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Hi maude40,

I will put the September schedule up as soon as I can.  I apologize for the delay, we are trying to sort out a number of technical issues right now but I'll do my best to get the schedule up later today.

Thanks for your patience.

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

I have sent a PM to Jon already stating my feelings about the changes and also said something in the Help board so I won't repeat those here but I do have to state that I agree with others that I don't like the changes and hope that they are not permant.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B

Thanks for the feedback guys,

We are taking all of this into consideration and will continue to tweak and make improvements as we go on.  For the immediate time being we are concentrating on some of the larger technical issues, but rest assure we hear what you are saying.

Thanks and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you guys have had to put up with today!

Jon

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Very streamlined...Looking good...and fewer steps too get where you want to go...Thanks,Vtc.....

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Scribe
debbook

Yes, I agree I don't like the look at all. I'm not sure the point of all these changes. It is becoming less and less user friendly. I had hoped that more focus would go on getting the boards more active by more advance notice for book choices and more moderator participation. I think this is going to do the opposite.

Ryan_G wrote:

Sorry Jon, but I'm having to agree with everyone else.  This doesn't look good.  It's harder to read.  I know it will probably stay like this.  I just hope I can get used to it.

A room without books is like a body without a soul.~ Cicero...
"bookmagic418.blogspot.com