Distinguished Correspondent
auntykatkat

Re: Microsoft Offering $1B for Nook Media?

[ Edited ]

msmoonlite wrote:

Doug_Pardee wrote:

RHWright wrote:
May have to locate a RS (very few in my area) and stop by and pick one up

Best call ahead. This is a clearance sale, and almost all Radio Shack stores have already cleared out their entire inventory, including the display unit.

I missed my shot! I just called the Radio Shack stores near me and they are sold out.

I'm not surprised that they are possibly phasing out eink readers....everyone wants a tablet. I remember that was the original complaint back when the nook color first came out.

I think it's really short sighted on the part of BN. IMO continuing to support and improve eink readers could have set them up in a niche market full of their original customers, readers. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stock up on what they do have left. I have no desire to read on an Ipad or any similar tablet device, I don't want a Kindle and Kobo readers don't do it for me. :smileysad:

Well, I have heard that some have gotten Best Buy to price match. You could try that.

Distinguished Scribe
gb18
0 Kudos

Re: Microsoft Offering; Anti-rumor

Wordsmith
Tim40744

gb18 wrote:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/05/13/barnes-noble-tumbles-amid-latest-nook-rumor/

"...another rumor about the Nook business that’s wrecking havoc on Barnes & Noble's stock price."
I hope there weren't too many injuries in that "wreck." :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Those damned Insider Monkeys are lousy drivers.

It would be nice if B&N let slip a hint that they have a strategy moving forward.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Isn't this market manipulation?

keriflur
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Only if it's being done to intentionally manipulate the market.  AFAIK this is just the outcome of an overly active rumor mill.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

5ivedom wrote:

Only if it's being done to intentionally manipulate the market.  AFAIK this is just the outcome of an overly active rumor mill.

Even rumors need to start somewhere...

►Without order there is chaos◄
bobstro

It might help if the affected company would verbalize some hint that they have a long term strategy. Rumors thrive in a vacuum of information.
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528

Even verbalizing a short term strategy would possibly be helpful.  The silence is deafening.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Neither B&N nor MS have ever been very forthcoming with their plans.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to change that tendency and speak out about where they see Nook going.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.