Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Mister_Nobody
0 Kudos

Mister Nobody - What is Your Movie Review and Discussion Requests?

Hi, I am Mister Nobody - a Barnes and Noble Bookseller and a fan of genre fiction and film.  If you love action, adventure, intrigue, suspense, horror and thrillers than this new home is just for you.  What was once The Eerie Coterie for just Horror, has now opened up to all genres of fiction and film.  For 2011 the Featured Author is Stuart Woods, who has written books in all the above mentioned genres.  Book and Movie reviews can be found on bn.com from Mister Nobody - as well as Book Club Discussion topics of Stuart Woods and movies featured on MyB&N page.

If you have a movie you would like me to discuss with you then please request it here.  Any film that can be considered to fit the above categories I would be more than happy to discuss with anyone. 

When you are at the end of your rope, come find me.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: Mister Nobody - What is Your Movie Review and Discussion Requests?

Mister_Nobody, I saw the film, "Let Me In," and it turned out to be a very scary movie.  The film also received high critical praise. Abby had everyone fooled in Los Alamos with her innocence as a twelve year old.   I cringed whenever I heard her stomach growling because I knew it was a call to be fed blood.  The scene in the tunnel where she ambushes a helpless man is really scary!  You see Abby become something evil incarnate right before your eyes.  Sadly, Abby "used" Owen to be her new protector.

If you have seen this film, what is your opinion?

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Contributor
Mister_Nobody
0 Kudos

"Let Me In" is one of those rare exceptions to the Horror field.  While most "scary movies" leave you unfullfilled, this movie fills you with awe.  Based on an equally wonderful novel, I felt this movie is one of the 10 best horror movies to come along in the last 10 years.  Spooky and atmospheric it feels more like a dramatic picture than a genre spookfest.  I plan to have a review posted soon after I have viewed it again. 

I have a question for you: What is your position on remakes or reimaginings? Thanks Casper for your response to this thread.  I hope there are many more to come. 

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Mister_Nobody, I'm glad you rank "Let Me In" high on the Horror Movie List.  To me, it was one of the best horror films to come out in a long, long time.  "The Exorcist" is still my #1 horror movie.

Regarding remakes or reimaginings, I think that 90% of the time that the remake or reimagining will be worse than the original. However, "Let Me In" is one of those 10% which escapes that stigma.  Many critics said "Let Me In" was produced better than the Swedish original, "Let the Right One In."

Contributor
Mister_Nobody
0 Kudos

With the oscar nominees recently announced what do you think of "Inception" or "Toy Story 3" being nominated.  I'll give you my views soon.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Mister_Nobody, regarding the Oscar nominations, I have seen four of the films nominated and I rate each one of them excellent:

BLACK SWAN

THE KING'S SPEECH

127 HOURS

THE FIGHTER

Contributor
Mister_Nobody
0 Kudos

There is a wide range of films this year and all the movies are deserving I believe, but I must say a few words about "Toy Story 3".  I watch lots of kids films with my 4 year old, Simon, yet TS3 is truly a cut above the rest - even the other nominees.  This film has all the elements you want in a movie, it is just anomated. Adults can really love this movie - not just for the sake of taking their kids to the show.  It is a prison thriller, and emotional coming of age tale, growing old story and with touches of romance too!  Sentimental it may be but TS3 also does something that I have not seen in a film in a long time ... it kept me at the edge of my seat.  As much as I love genre films and can watch them over and over it takes a special kind of film to make me sit up and take notice.  The last movie the had me at the edge of my seat was "Contact" - several years ago.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Mister_Nobody, your review of "Toy Story 3" offers an attribute that I was not aware, i.e., it is a great movie for adults because you stated that the film had you at the edge of your seat.  I have read other reviews that claim this third installment is the best.

Contributor
Mister_Nobody
0 Kudos

I recently watched two Leonardo DiCaprio films: "Inception" and "The Departed". I am curious to know what people think of these two films. For me, "Inception" was a strange, puzzling thriller that I enjoyed, while "The Departed" just felt a bit too farcical.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

I saw "The Departed" in the theater.  To me, it was a typical gangster movie.  I wasn't crazy about it.